SAU Community

R34 Gt-T Washer Bottle Removed For Fmic

vkadam

Hey guys

just a quick question

I bought a skyline r34 gt-t and am trying to get a road worthy certificate for it and it needs to have a washer bottle to squirt fluid on the windscreen.

The standard washer bottle has been removed in order to fit a front mount intercooler. What do people think i should do, is it possible to use a smaller washer bottle off another model car and adapt the skyline pumps from my car to pressurise it? or should i try and replace the washer bottle and pumps off another car and try and rewire them to work in my car?

any advice is appreciated just wondering if someone has alraedy been there and done that?

Thanks

The greddy fmic on r33 comes with a smaller washer water bottle with a stand and space for both small factory pumps to fit in.

I have the greddy washer bottle sitting my garage as I replaced it with an arc combo oil catch washer water stainless thing.

so I'm willing to sell it if it helps you, they supply it so the fmic piping fits right

Do this ^

Or just buy a small universal washer bottle and mount it wherever there is space. That's what I'm doing as a result of my Plazmaman plenum, it's quite easy.

Same query here ^^^. Pics would be very appreciated. At the moment I'm running the nozzle with cap but no washer bottle haha!! So when the cop opens the bonnet the 'washer bottle' is there but when u open the cap to pour water it falls down into the ground cos theres no washer bottle below haha!!:laugh:

you getting it from your local auto parts store hanaldo & where are you gonna mount it?

Yeh man, got it from Auto1. You could get them for cheaper if you bought online, I just didn't want to wait for it to be delivered. I'll be mounting it in the stock position, under the battery tray in the left hand wheel well. It just doesn't have a filler neck, the cap sits under the stock hole so I can open up the cap and fill it up but it doesn't impede my space in the engine bay. Very neat. Looks sorta like this to give you an idea:

7434262.jpg

Same query here ^^^. Pics would be very appreciated. At the moment I'm running the nozzle with cap but no washer bottle haha!! So when the cop opens the bonnet the 'washer bottle' is there but when u open the cap to pour water it falls down into the ground cos theres no washer bottle below haha!!:laugh:

Pictures will be up in my build thread possibly this weekend if I can be bothered getting some bolts for the brackets to mount it :P I was going to just ditch the washer bottle completely but I'm in the habit of doing things properly, especially when it isn't hard.

Yeh man, got it from Auto1. You could get them for cheaper if you bought online, I just didn't want to wait for it to be delivered. I'll be mounting it in the stock position, under the battery tray in the left hand wheel well. It just doesn't have a filler neck, the cap sits under the stock hole so I can open up the cap and fill it up but it doesn't impede my space in the engine bay. Very neat. Looks sorta like this to give you an idea:

7434262.jpg

Pictures will be up in my build thread possibly this weekend if I can be bothered getting some bolts for the brackets to mount it :P I was going to just ditch the washer bottle completely but I'm in the habit of doing things properly, especially when it isn't hard.

hahah thanks man, I tried to fit in the stock bottle rotated 90 degrees as some people have done, but its pretty long and fouls a few bits so I couldn't be farked trying to do it, will get a Supercheap bottle when I can, as for bolts and brackets, why not use zip ties if you can! Dodgy as a Dodge Silverado!

hahah thanks man, I tried to fit in the stock bottle rotated 90 degrees as some people have done, but its pretty long and fouls a few bits so I couldn't be farked trying to do it, will get a Supercheap bottle when I can, as for bolts and brackets, why not use zip ties if you can! Dodgy as a Dodge Silverado!

Lol trust me, you get sick of the knocks and rattles that come as a result of doing dodgy things like that. Do it once and do it right or don't do it at all. I'm going to make damn sure that mine is rock solid, the stock one used to rattle against the front bar and it drove me insane. Never again.

I was planning to run the stock washer bottle as i think it will fit back under the guard... If it does ill get a smaller battery and rotate it 90 degrees so everything remains sort of factory....

If that plan goes to shit, like most plans with the 34 have so far i will likely get a smaller version of what Hanaldo had made :thumbsup:

JJ were selling one but i think it was GTR only?

^^ same issue here , washer bottle nowhere to be found when I bought mine fmic must have taken all the room but i havent popped the front bumper off yet.

Pics would be awesome ,

I bought a R33 washer to see if i could pop that in the top next to the battery but its wayy too big.

I picked up a supercheap universal bottle which seems to fit but downside is theres only one motor in it

some pics of fixes and solutions would be great... i hate driving with dirty windscreens....

on that note , i had a blonde moment where i couldnt take the muck on the windscreen any longer and i had a bottle of water next to me .

i proceeded to try and pour some water on the windscreen (while driving) and the wind ended up blowing it all back into my face.

i sat back thinking....wow that was dumb....

• Haha 1

^^ same issue here , washer bottle nowhere to be found when I bought mine fmic must have taken all the room but i havent popped the front bumper off yet.

Pics would be awesome ,

I bought a R33 washer to see if i could pop that in the top next to the battery but its wayy too big.

I picked up a supercheap universal bottle which seems to fit but downside is theres only one motor in it

some pics of fixes and solutions would be great... i hate driving with dirty windscreens....

on that note , i had a blonde moment where i couldnt take the muck on the windscreen any longer and i had a bottle of water next to me .

i proceeded to try and pour some water on the windscreen (while driving) and the wind ended up blowing it all back into my face.

Yes, I should mention that my rear washer doesn't work. It hasn't worked since I put the new engine in, as I used a washer bottle with only one pump. Not sure about over east, but in WA it's only a requirement that the front windscreen washers work, so I'm not fussed about the back one. Back one never seems to get dirty anyway :P

Are you the local Mr Bean????

lol it was a good idea at the time =p

btw i found something that might help... since stagea's and r34's are similar in some ways

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/322568-just-fitted-a-fmic-kit-to-my-series-2/page__p__5261900__hl__+washer+bottle+r34+fmic__fromsearch__1#entry5261900

now all i need is an actual stock washer bottle...