SAU Community

Ah... Guys.... Greddy 35Rx

f a r k me

cover-story-2.jpg

4.3 litre it seems and a lazy 887awkw - the Japanese are getting serious!

I love the hinging front... love it all, amazing looking car.

If you're too lazy to watch the vid, car gets to mid 330km/hr front straight of Fuji! :woot: But you should watch it, great vid anyway.

From the DSPORT site

Since its release in 2008, the Nissan R35 GT-R has been the tuner's darling all around the globe. The R35s technological advances have delivered incredible performance from Japan to the Nürburgring to the USA. America’s tuning market led the world for R35 GT-R parts and power development. On the contrary, Japan’s tuners have followed a slower and more methodical approach, at least, until now. GReddy Performance Products and TRUST ramped up its VR38DETT engine development program to showcase its engineering prowess with its 35RX build and subsequent 35RX performance parts line.

GREDDY-BUILT VR

A 2008 GT-R served as the test bed for development. Prior testing uncovered the weak link above 600 horsepower, the stock connecting rods. GReddy engineers stripped the block down and installed a set of prototype GReddy ductile-iron sleeves bored to 99.5mm. Once prepared, the block was filled with a six-pack of 8.6:1 compression JE Pistons that join the GReddy stroker crankshaft by way of Carrillo connecting rods. The VR’s new displacement was 4,309cc, an increase of 510cc or 13-percent over stock.

Up top, the cylinder heads received GReddy’s CNC cylinder head program, which included reshaping of the combustion chambers for the larger cylinders as well as a port and polish service. The factory valves backed by prototype GReddy valve springs and retainers filled the heads, while GReddy 272-degree camshafts were installed to provide more lift and duration. ARP CA625+ head studs supply the clamping force to secure the heads to the block as GReddy MLS head gaskets ensure a complete seal.

BOOST-BACKED BLOCK

GReddy stainless-steel cast exhaust manifolds position a pair of odified TD06SH-25G SPL turbochargers in place of the stock IHI turbos. GReddy Type-R external wastegates regulate boost pressure as spent gasses flow through a customized GReddy PE-R turbo-back exhaust system. The compressor outlets feed a GReddy Type-29 front mount intercooler. Aluminum piping directs the chilled and compressed intake charge from the intercooler to the billet-aluminum GReddy big-bore throttle bodies and aluminum intake plenum. GReddy’s triple-pump hanger equipped with 255-lph pumps delivers an 80/20 blend of 100 octane and 108.5 octane unleaded fuel from the tank to a six-pack of 1,600 cc/min fuel injectors at the intake ports. To make best use of the increased fuel delivery, the factory ECU was reflashed with software written by NEKO Corporation. With boost pressure regulated to 29 psi by a PRofec B-Spec II, the GT-R spun the rollers of a Bosch dynamometer to the tune of 1,189 whp and 1,086 lb-ft torque.

Looks like Greddy is back in the game with this one, bout time one of the big Japenese Tuning House creates a monster, wonder if HKS is gonna make something this insane banana.gif

There's a few monsters that will be at HKS Premium day next month, full lineup for the GTR35 GT-R Speed max has not been fully confirmed but there are some brutes on the list

I'll be there with bells on.

There's a few monsters that will be at HKS Premium day next month, full lineup for the GTR35 GT-R Speed max.

I'll be there with bells on.

Nice gets lots of pics please.

It was actually an open track day at Fuji and not a private test day. I asked Tarzan, "Uh wait....so you're going to try to go over 330k's on the front straight in traffic?" His reply was simply, "Yes. Try." Keep in mind that the Greddy 35RX is a company demo car and not a dedicated track car. The only real safety equipment it has is a Racetech bucket seat and TRS 4 point harnesses. It has no roll cage.

there's a shot of him splitting traffic on the front straight, i'm assuming at well over 300km/hr... :worship:

The crazy thing is, it still has a full interior and no roll cage. Imagine once they really start stripping it and getting some rigidity going (cage etc), surely will pull some ridiculous track times.

One day i'll put in an order for a 35RX :D