SAU Community

Urgent Help/advice Needed

ecl

Hi there,

Now that I have the time to look at r35s, I am finally in the position of putting a deposit on one end of this week. I have a few questions that have been nagging me and I'm sure they'll be answered once I take it to Nissan. But would appreciate if anyone could chime in. I am looking at a 09 model FYI but may push of a 10 if it is really low K's and pristine condition.

* Is an 09 model here the equivalent of a '59' plate? Do all 09 models here miss out of sat nav and have the low res screens or are they all the same? If so, which year do these become available? 2010? Apart from sat nav, is the low res/high res screen a big difference?

* From what I've heard, 09s here come with LC2... if the VDC had been turned off before, will Nissan void warranty ? Probably not too important seeing more 09s will be out of warranty soon. But asking just in case as I am also looking at a 2010 too.

Thanks

ECL

warranty is only void if something breaks whilst VDC was off - nissan seems to believe they can drill that far down with their consult III when diagnosing a problem

2010 brought with it the digital mfd, so higher res, dvd playback (very easy to hack for constant playback), nav, bluetooth streaming mp3. It also has auto headlights but that's no big deal. The screen is the biggest gain in the 2010, it really is a richer higher quality unit

i have a 2010 and can use LC with any suspension setting in VDC-R mode - im not sure that's possible with the 09 model. The benefit there is you can theoretically use LC all day long in VDC-R on a stock car and still be covered under warranty. The benefit i find though is a much smoother LC in VDC-R + Comfort as it reduces my excessive wheelspin somewhat (at my power level and with lighter/less grippy 21" road tyres)

Edited by domino_z

warranty is only void if something breaks whilst VDC was off - nissan seems to believe they can drill that far down with their consult III when diagnosing a problem

2010 brought with it the digital mfd, so higher res, dvd playback (very easy to hack for constant playback), nav, bluetooth streaming mp3. It also has auto headlights but that's no big deal. The screen is the biggest gain in the 2010, it really is a richer higher quality unit

i have a 2010 and can use LC with any suspension setting in VDC-R mode - im not sure that's possible with the 09 model. The benefit there is you can theoretically use LC all day long in VDC-R on a stock car and still be covered under warranty. The benefit i find though is a much smoother LC in VDC-R + Comfort as it reduces my excessive wheelspin somewhat (at my power level and with lighter/less grippy 21" road tyres)

+1 ^ this. I also have a 2010 and highly recommend getting it over the 2009. Not that there's anything wrong with a low kms 2009, I just prefer having iPod control/USB port built in, as well as the higher res screen. :cheers: