SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

7 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

But.. how can we agree on something? I run a Haltech that fits into my kick panel. 

#theshame

No Peter loves living dangerously like you and runs a haltech without a crank trigger.

2 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

You should get Emtron, it will double your power instantly.

Don't be silly, you know that any ECU can make power, its how it behaves everyday and weather it delivers on the features it's marketed with.

Anyway looks like Piggaz cheaped out and bought a knock off Motec m150.... 

M150.thumb.jpg.db4a8e5d001f3ce14e0d0c42aad2d99a.jpg

Just now, ActionDan said:

So somehow the ECU is the issue, not the old CAS, and moving to a superior crank trigger setup is the fix, but we blame the ECU?

Sounds backwards?

Wait? I've got it! Its because the signal has to travel through so many boxes and so many wires!

See now you are starting to get it...

The old powerFC, Nistune and adaptronic don't suffer from issues... unless of course the loom is cooked or the CAS is actually faulty..

See now you are starting to get it...

The old powerFC, Nistune and adaptronic don't suffer from issues... unless of course the loom is cooked or the CAS is actually faulty..

I bet all cases of timing related issue are definitely tested properly as being the ECU for sure.

So how much better does your car run since switching?

1 minute ago, ActionDan said:

I bet all cases of timing related issue are definitely tested properly as being the ECU for sure.

They are actually, but let's not get the facts in the way of things. As long as you are happy with your car that's all that matters!

4 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Lol if your in vic go for a drive in Andrews car

next day you will rip out haltech and put a power fc in and have a retune with the bloke who sorts his car

100% garentee that

2 hours ago, ActionDan said:

How much better is your car to drive now you've switched from Haltech to Emtron anyway, must have been a massive improvement? 

Bit weird Mick, you thought the Haltech was decent a few months ago? What happened? 

"Hey guys up for grabs is a Haltech elite 2500 with a patch loom by haltech to suit an R34 GTR. ECU has only been in the car for around 10000km max im sure anybody shopping around knows the capabilities of this top of the line ECU. $2800ono"

I guess top of line doesn't actually mean it's any good I suppose. Soi I reckon the improvement must be massive and dyno proven with no other changes to skew results... 

Lol i sold that POS on behalf of a friend. I never thought it was good as it never remembered the tune properly mate.

Sadly that wasn't a bad thing because the tune was as bad as the ECU ?

I wasn't going to offer my ACTUAL opinion on that when i was trying to sell it haha ?