SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

For anyone else playing along re timing issue. 

A good unbiased thread here. 

Unsurprisingly issues occurs on a number of ECUs, not limited to Haltech, and even features our OP(and others) claiming the same issue on a PowerFC, madness... 

Seems like most ECU manufacturers and Tuners were aware of and had produces solutions to address it, including modified/better CAS discs, crank triggers, etc.  

Too much was said for me to not look into it as a precaution - So thanks for that even if your caps are flat. 

I am probably as far from a flat clapper as you can get!

Yes it is an issue with not just Haltech, motec m800 and earlier, link etc all suffer from it.

With a good CAS and good signal wires PFC, Nistune and Adaptronic won't suffer from it, if you get really bored you can listen to a youtube video or post Andy from Adaptronic made about it too. So for a plug in ECU designed for that engine I think it's a rubbish ECU choice if you need to fit aftermarket sensors.

It's always to learn something new :D

2 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Haltech "claim" not an issue with Platinum Pro, but was a problem on earlier ECUs, guess I'll find out it ever happens. 

So I guess the bombshell here is old shit can be problematic... but new shit has less issues.. Who knew!

LOL it's defiantly a problem with the Platinum pro, even worse with the Elite range but I won't tag Jono Pace in this thread for him to rage about them. 

Don't always believe the marking bullshit that comes from a manufacturer, i am sure you tuner would have tuned you car extremely safe up top if it was showing any issues.

Just now, ActionDan said:

He might have given me an ear bashing on FB about it already?

Wonder why my car hasn't seen it. Maybe the key is don't drive it. 

it may well have it, you can tune around it to a degree or just ignore it like most do.

Just now, ActionDan said:

That must be it then, I can't there being any possibility that it's just working properly. 

I'll be ready to replace the ECU when I put my TH400 in.

Just put a crank trigger kit on it!

You will need it for the 1000hp and your TH400

• Like 1