SAU Community

Blitz Nur-Spec Rx Vs Hks Silent Hi-Power

I've finally decided to start with the cat back on my 33 GT-R - later on I'll finish it off with the Blitz front pipes and the Catco 3" cat.

I'm after something that will sound decent but not too loud. I do trackdays so definitely don't want something that will get me chucked out for being too loud.

What do people suggest between these two choices.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Neither. Get a custom job done. Won't be much more and the results will be alot better.

Can you please elaborate why would the results be better.

Few local guys i spoke to just offer x-force 3.5" setup - please recommend and exhaust place for a custom job

Can you please elaborate why would the results be better.

Few local guys i spoke to just offer x-force 3.5" setup - please recommend and exhaust place for a custom job

What's the budget?

Most jap systems have the '90 mm piping'... But have their crap 2.5 inch 'muffler' down the back!

I'd never buy a jap system again!

None of the jap systems will be over track noise limits. You'll be fine.

Racespace or Rob Sabbadin will be able to do a custom system for similar price i would image. Call em.

Imo there is little difference between the two u have mentioned. HKS has a nice note on GTST.

None of the jap systems will be over track noise limits. You'll be fine.

Racespace or Rob Sabbadin will be able to do a custom system for similar price i would image. Call em.

Imo there is little difference between the two u have mentioned. HKS has a nice note on GTST.

Disagree man.

The kakimoto on my car sounded like it had venting to atmo gates on it and in the end held the car back! FKN GARBAGE!

Custom job will cost about $400 more, easily.

You can't go wrong with either of the exhausts you've chosen, it's which one you like the look of more. I'd go the Blitz RX

Either of those choices are a waste of time without the rest of the system. Do dumps, front pipes, cat THEN cat back at the same time.

FYI I have dumps to tip all for sale soon. Has flown over 400rwkw.

Also swap turbos, ecu, injectors, fuel pump, build engine, add twin plate clutch-those are all things btw that have been covered on sau time and time again.

Custom job will cost about $400 more, easily.

You can't go wrong with either of the exhausts you've chosen, it's which one you like the look of more. I'd go the Blitz RX

Depends if the person is a "shop by quality/result" or "shop by price".

What's the budget?

Most jap systems have the '90 mm piping'... But have their crap 2.5 inch 'muffler' down the back!

I'd never buy a jap system again!

hmm - din't know that - when I saw 95mm piping on the HKS I simply assumed its all the way through.

Either of those choices are a waste of time without the rest of the system. Do dumps, front pipes, cat THEN cat back at the same time.

FYI I have dumps to tip all for sale soon. Has flown over 400rwkw.

Also swap turbos, ecu, injectors, fuel pump, build engine, add twin plate clutch-those are all things btw that have been covered on sau time and time again.

Cool - calling dibs on that system - since that's the end game for me anyway.

Could you pm me some details.

hmm - din't know that - when I saw 95mm piping on the HKS I simply assumed its all the way through.

The HKS for R33 is 95mm, but it tapers.

It starts at 3inch from the cat, hits the little hotdog muffler and goes up to 3.5 inch, then after the flange for the cannon it steps up again to 3.75inch.

Its the second exhaust i have owned thats done this. My old Mugen Twinloop exhaust on my ITR did the same thing.

I have the HKS on mine still with a GT30. For the street is a little loud, so have built a replacement middle section with another muffler for the road.

Heres the HKS Vs Apexi. Sorry the pic is a bit small, but you can kinda see the tapers, and that it is substantially larger than the apexi.

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

The HKS for R33 is 95mm, but it tapers.

It starts at 3inch from the cat, hits the little hotdog muffler and goes up to 3.5 inch, then after the flange for the cannon it steps up again to 3.75inch.

Its the second exhaust i have owned thats done this. My old Mugen Twinloop exhaust on my ITR did the same thing.

Another classic example of the Jap systems doing this 'taper up and down' rubbish.

My kakimoto - Full Mega N1 started off at 80 mm after the cat, into a muffler then up to 90mm then into the rear muffler which had an internal diameter of 63.5mm (or 2.5 inch). Absolute crap. Live and learn!

r33 rb25det 3" front and high flow cat, Hks silent hi power 102.9db at 4500rpm from 1 metre, not quiet like i was told.

also i have plans to do track days and i don't think it would get you kicked out, sounds mean on throttle :)

Edited by Stevoss

mine doesnt taper down. just up. and it hurts the power zero.

Have you looked inside to confirm?

They often have internal baffles, most of the Jap ones I've seen come through have them. Both my jap ones over the years have.

"3.5" exhaust, but with internal baffles around the 3"-2.75"