SAU Community

R32 Demister And Aerial

Dougz32

Im getting my rear windscreen taken out so i can do some rust work.

I've been told i have to unplug the demister and aerial, also take off the rear wiper and washer squirter before they'll take the window out.

Could someone please point me in the right direction as to where the plugs for the demister and aerial are. Then also how to remove the rear wiper and washer.

Cheers.

Im getting my rear windscreen taken out so i can do some rust work.

I've been told i have to unplug the demister and aerial, also take off the rear wiper and washer squirter before they'll take the window out.

Could someone please point me in the right direction as to where the plugs for the demister and aerial are. Then also how to remove the rear wiper and washer.

Cheers.

To revove wiper there should be a plastic cover at the base of the arm. Lift that and undo the nut. Lift the arm fully up away from the window and wriggle it off.

Demistor plugs are on inside of window generally in middle. Not sure if it's hiding behind covers or in plain view.

Not sure where aerial is on a 32. Does it go through the glass? Maybe access through the boot looking up?

I've basically removed all the interior from the back of the car. I've found the plugs.

I removed the wiper arm but i think i have to remove the whole thing. Theres a large nut under the wiper arm but it is very corroded and im not sure whether i'll be able to get it undone.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I've basically removed all the interior from the back of the car. I've found the plugs.

I removed the wiper arm but i think i have to remove the whole thing. Theres a large nut under the wiper arm but it is very corroded and im not sure whether i'll be able to get it undone.

Has anyone else had this problem?

yup, most of the 32 ones are corroded by now, i cut mine off with a dremel although i opted to use moonface wiper delete plug as replacement

post-40640-0-78552900-1336207809_thumb.jpg

Edited by BWRGTR

yup, most of the 32 ones are corroded by now, i cut mine off with a dremel although i opted to use moonface wiper delete plug as replacement

Alright. I May have to do the same. I very rarely use my rear wiper anyway. I dont think i'd miss it.

Thanks