SAU Community

How Many Mods Before Tunning Required?

bjd

And right there is the reason a lot of people don't get on these forums cause there's always someone who has to show some infant ism.

I am merely asking to clarify so as not to get told some bs from a workshop. After all isn't that what this is here for. C'mon

Mate; it's not just about infant ism (whatever that is); it's about you. You joined this forum 11 days ago; but the forum members are the problem?

People don't mind answering questions, but there is seriously so many threads just like yours. You don't think you're the first person to have these questions surely?

Therefore; a bit of the onus is on you to use the search feature of the forum, have a bit of a look, if you need clarification; THEN ask a question.

Forums aren't about wandering up, using the collective knowledge of a community, getting all your questions answered, then pissing off and getting on with your life.

If you want to get something out of the forum; you need to demonstrate that YOU might have something to offer, otherwise you'll get much the same kind of response as you would if you wandered up to a group of people on the street.

Have a good day.

Edited by Daleo

And right there is the reason a lot of people don't get on these forums cause there's always someone who has to show some infant ism.

I am merely asking to clarify so as not to get told some bs from a workshop. After all isn't that what this is here for. C'mon

In order here were my responses including the expected power level

Bellmouth dump and a boost controller then Nistune + tune you will have a nice 190-200rwkw package.

and then this explaining what is the cheapest and most suitable

Nistune is the easiest, cheapest and will do the job.

then I answered your PFC question is pretty full detail despite answering what was cheapest and most suitable since myself and another member were the guinea cops in the early days when it came to fitting one to my Stagea. This necessitated spending the money upfront to purchase one and spend the time working out how to get rid of the engine checklight.

Yes if you can source an R34 GT-t PFC and run 3.7v to pin 51 on the ecu to get around traction control you can use a PFC.

If you just gut your existing cat you get the same thing for free. More power noise very slightly increased.

I reiterated the value of a decent cat and once again went over the next mods you should consider

Bellmouth dump, boost controller (turbotech will do the job for $30) plus Nistune.

A decent cat is also worthwhile installing while you are at it.

Now I am getting a bit frustrated, sure I was patient with the same questions previously but I figured you were just trying to be certain.

Have you bothered to read anything in your own thread? I swear this has been asked and/or answered already more than once.

Everything the members of SAU have shared could be found with a search but instead we have taken the time that you probably wouldn't get if you posted in "Forced Induction" and we do it because we like to help out. C'mon.

I did spend considerable time searching the forums and only found partial answers hence why the post... I have actually been a member on here for 8 years but have not used the forums for the last 3 years so I just started a new one...

My reason for asking the questions is because I had a S2 Stagea RS4 several years ago and spent a fortune on it and it was putting out 330 awkw but my fuel consumption was horrific 300 klm's to a tank but it was quick. SO I just want to make sure I dont get ripped off and do it right for what Im after..

I have also owned

3 R31 Silhouette's and 1 R31 GTS 2 no# 69

and a R33 Gtst M spec

with 10psi and the mods you mentioned you should get towards 200awkw and still be able to get around 500kms from a tank

its probably good insurance to change your fuel pump too, a walbro/deatchworks (sp?) will drop in, a bosch 040 will not

mmm, i am only getting around 300km to a tank atm , mainly hills driving slowly ... f**king need a tanker behind the thing, its costing me a fortune after 2 weeks of wife driving it ..

I haven't had much time to check everything out yet, might put the dump pipe on soon and change oxygen sensor

cheers

darren

yeah grab an o2 sensor off of vulture motorsport (sau sponsor) you will also need a crimp tools and some crimp connectors (stainless steel wire, cant be soldered)

dropped my fuel consumption a tiny bit and it was pretty good before (record of 9.8l/100km going up to qld from melb)

Bellmouth dump, boost controller (turbotech will do the job for $30) plus Nistune.

A decent cat is also worthwhile installing while you are at it.

where are you finding a bleed valve for $30?