SAU Community

Drive to MaX: OutBack Style!

Pva_Glue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

i drove my skyline from perth to port hedland and back. on the way back one section i held 220 km/h for 300 km, most other sections the stops were too far apart to be able to do that with out running out of fuel. if you honestly want to do that run i would suggest one waiting till after the wet season (less chance of animals on road) and two getting a 100 litre tank in the boot so you dont have a fuel problem. also maybe have bottles of oct booster for the trip.

if anyone from perth is going to do this, i have no problem being part of this. i would recommend doing it in a few jumps. perth to port hedland first day. 1800 km or there abouts. could do in 10-12 hours. then goto broome or derby. then etc etc.

Gotta research the fuel situation better tho, *could* get in trouble with the distance between towns.

Take Toulene with you ??????

Damn I wish I didn't have a job - I'd cruise up with ya

what i would suggest is you get a fuel cube put in the back. set up a seperate fuel guage and pump in that tank. to connect the hosing what you do is simple. the line out of this other tank connects to the return pipe on the original fuel system, then the breather line goes and connects to the breather line of the orginal fuel system. both using t peices. then all you have to do to refuel when your running low is hit a switch and then watch the guage. this would be alot faster than using jerry cans. but its also more work.

if your aiming for fastest times there then its definately the way to go. but if your just going to cruise then get a map, work out the distance between towns on the route your going to take and then decide if you will need jerry cans.

if there was going to be a SAU cannonball run i would so be in that. you could even do it like the mischeive 3000 in the states. where its all for charity. so everyone whom enters puts in say 200 dollars or so then whom ever wins decides where it goes.