SAU Community

R32 Gt-R Side-Intrustion Bars

brett982441

Hi,

I am just wondering if I can make the compliance procedure any easier by swapping later model doors over before the car arrives in Australia. For example:

1. Purchase an 89/90/91 model while I am in Japan

2. Fit later model doors to it before importing

3. Go through compliance without having to worry about finding new doors

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers :)

Thanks guys. I've also been trying to find out when the side-intrusion bars came standard, but apart from the eligible import date of June 1992 onwards, I can't find any more information. I tried e-mailing RAWS, but was told to contact a compliance workshop instead.

Does anyone know from when the intrusion bars came stock with these cars? Might help me in my search for replacement doors in the future!

Many thanks :)

Thanks guys. I've also been trying to find out when the side-intrusion bars came standard, but apart from the eligible import date of June 1992 onwards, I can't find any more information. I tried e-mailing RAWS, but was told to contact a compliance workshop instead.

Does anyone know from when the intrusion bars came stock with these cars? Might help me in my search for replacement doors in the future!

Many thanks :)

Mid-term type: 1991 August 20th -

Under carriage number 212001 –

* Addition of side impact door beam

you just need to do a visual inspection on any door you might want to purchase you can see the bars by looking through the outer edge of the glass rubber with a small torch.

there was no specific start or stop for the use of the side intrusion bars and you can only assume the factory used up all non intrusion bars the just went on with the newer type.

i have bought 1993 doors for customers and found them to be non intrusion type but again i can only assume these were fitted to the donor car as replacement after an accident.

cheers, Phil