SAU Community

Snow

well its snowing heavily here in the south island Nz today, so on my way home i push the button SNOW and the car went from 2wd to 4wd.

It works brilliantly it starts in 2nd gear and i think its 40/60 split torque. Also the heater under the windscreen works a treat, no snow build-ups. ;)

Thats something not many of us are able to try out!

I think its a 50/50 split, and the other thing I notice is that the Throttle map is heavily reduced, giving you that sluggish feeling. I guess gearbox pressures are reduced too.

I only use it to get the car up onto ramps easily!

Yep, snow mode is fantastic - does exactly what its meant to! I took mine from Adelaide to Falls Creek 2 years ago now I guess and the car was absolutely brilliant, didnt miss a beat. Defrosting the windows and mirrors was also a nice added bonus of my cold weather pack :D

i agree, these beasts are built for snow. It drove it with no dramas at all! unlike my old ford focus, it used to slip/slide everywhere. Yeah the cold weather pack is a big bonus.

Severe frost turned snow into ice over night. So roads are very slippery, in some areas black ice! The Stag did a marvelous job keeping me safe driving to work.

Edited by M35

i don't have a torque meter or anything to find out so what happens when i press the snow button in my manual converted rs4?? does it just do the torque and forget about using 2nd? or does taking out the auto box mean i am just turning on the light in the dash when i push the button??