SAU Community

265 x 35 x 18 on r32 will it fit??

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why I say there is a strong case of it not fitting because wider GTR guards and lowered with 255 scrape. The scrape is on the inner guard, so ride height may not be such a big deal. I would guess that at the minimum, you could fit them if you rolled your guards.

my 225's barely fit on the front (it is lowered, but normal suspension travel would end up at the same place). Theres no room outwards (i've had to bend metal lip upwards), and maybe 10mm inwards(?).

On the rear its a different story, 235 or 245 tend to fit ok. 265 would probably fit if you rolled the read guards.

If you roll the front guards, the plastic inner lining will probably not fit anymore.

you may get away with fitting 225 front & 245+ rear on those wide rims... would give that drift look

Just hoping someone knows if 265 x 35x 18 inch (18 x 8.5 & 18 x 9.5) rims will fit on an r32 Gts t ??

What offset would be required to make em fit?

cheers:cheers:

17x9's with 255's JUST fit on the back, when lowered and about 1.6-1.8degrees camber

17x7's with 235's also just fit on the front

My car is a bit low though, with closer to stock height you may get away with it, but will need guards rolled or pumped on the back to fit 265's

Not sure what offset I have though, but they where of a R33 GTST

But I am guessing you will need some big or sticky rubber to harness the RB30 :D

All depends on offset, make sure you try before you buy

Might pay to look at some 17's, as the price of 18'' rubber is insane. At least you will be able to get much better tyres for the money

Dunno about you, but tyres dont tend to last long at all.........:D

Both rims are +35 offset. Dont need to worry about tyres though, cos a mate is a salesman at one of the local tyre joints :)

Cheap Bridgestone RE550's here i come (or nittos if i still cant get traction :))

RE540's (RE55's) are excellent on the street, especially around corners, but Nittos win hands down in the straight line department! Nittos aren't bad around corners, they just don't "feel" as good as the RE's due to their softer sidewall.

You WILL have traction issues on the RE's. I would almost bet on it! Even the Nittos struggle at times. Obviously both tyres perform better with plenty of heat in them. When they're cold... watch out!!!

Yeah I just spoke to the local tyre joint told him what size the rims were and he got out his books...

on the front (8.5" wide x 18 inch) he reckons i should go 235x40x18.

on the rears (9.5" wide x 18 inch - yes it will fit and offset is correct :() i can fit anywhere from 235 x 40 x 18 to 255 x 35 x 18 to 265 x 35 x 18

There's no advantage over having the 255x35 to the 235x40 (except traction:)) other than the cost factor (40 profile is more common)

I reckon the 35 profile looks better, but i guess i want more traction than handling....i dunno.

But yer cheapest option was a set of Falkens (sp?) 235x40 all over for $270 ea

Whatsisname - i am interested in the Nittos, but i dunno where to find them. Online is probably the way to go. The guy at the tyre joint said "Never heard of those one's":)

If I was you mate I'd go for 17's over 18's. If you fit a 255-265 40 profile on the rear it'll give you a bit more sidewall, and that's just what you want off the line! Cheaper to replace too! Cost will be a big issue if you intend to run semi-comp rubber, even with contacts in the tyre business.

If you're aiming for all round grip and looks... 18's would be the go. If I were you I'd still look at 17's with 40 profile on the rear. A set of RE55S's on 17's would be bloody awesome in the twisty stuff (it was with 540S's) and still give you a bit of sidewall to play with on the street/strip.

My 275/40/17 Nitto NT555R's were bought off Keir Wilson (via Martin and Steve) they have ~80% tread left :P New they are ~high $400's to $500ea I think? I'd hate to think how much 18" NT555R's would be! The best bet would be to ask Martin where Keir gets his Nittos from? Maybe even ring around a few tyre dealers till you find one that can get them in. I know the GT Autosound guys could help you locate someone local that sells BFG Drag Radials (same as Nittos).

I know what you mean by the 17's being better for traction. But I've already got a set of 18's here, so that kinda nails it :D

I only really intend to have the car as a personal car more than drift/drag/circuit car. I'd like to go out to see how the setup handles, but im not overly worried about how much grip i can get for the 1/4. Just the best street setup. Plus those damn deep dish 18's look sooo phat :P

Might have to see if the 255x40x18's fit the rear, and the 235x40x18's on the front...

Nice rims! If you have trouble fitting them, try going undersized rubber. D1s car fits 245s or 255s to 10" rims. Having the sidewall stretched means he can get the rims under the guards, as if the sidewall was vertical they wouldnt fit. It gives greater stiffness therefore improved handling, and the tyre patch on the road is increased. For traction, get adjustable camber arms on the rear to make the most of what you have.

I dont think bridgestone do a 18" RE55.

mmm nice rims... seen em before... UAS pic :)

They'd be the ones :)

Steve - yer i was looking at the sizes u can fit. Apparently u can get 235's on a 9.5 inch wide rim??? I was like WTF? Might go for 245 or 255 if i can though...cant see 235's holding in 4th with 350 or so rwkw :)

But yer, that fat dorifto stretch is in my mind:aroused: