SAU Community

265 x 35 x 18 on r32 will it fit??

Ok, you guys out there with these RE550's - where did you get yours from in Adelaide? And what about these Nitto's - the street compund ones (not the race ones:))

Any ideas?

cheers for the help, and comments btw! :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the Yoko's AO32R are the way to go, but because of the 18 inches its the A048R model.

265x35x18 are $530 a pop (ouch)

235x40x18 on the fronts are $490 a pop (now it just hurts)....

Oh well, tell us if this a bit rich for pricing, or could i get sum nittos for this price??

Bridgestone's R type rubber is now apparently only available at Kym Davis Tyres

Steve wil be able to confrim

I got my from Bridgestones on Gouger st, the former manager Laurie was a champ, but no longer works there

Good luck finding good 18's cheap, maybe try some of the tyre places interstate or keep a eye out for some S/H rubber even. Falken Azenis semi-slicks come to mind, but I don't think they are available in 18's

either way 18's are hard to find decent rubber at a good price, and semi-slicks are stupidly expensive in 18's

Only if Laurie was still at Bridgestones, from memory Grepin paid about $370ea for his RE540S' when Laurie worked there............

I had a set of 18" Pirelli slicks of a GTP car in the shed, pity I threw them out..........

Would have been good to see how well they stuck on the road :)

So have you sussed out what offset the rear rim has to be to fit.

Im thinking you wont even go close to fitting 265 x 18 (or 17s) on an R32 GTST. I have had 245s on my 8" +32 rim, and it cleared the susp, but the tyre did stick out a little from the guard.

235 x 17 on the front go, the window of offsets you can use are +25-30. But i find i can only use a 7.5" rim on the front, as with an 8" +30 rim and 235 / 45 the tyre rubs the upper control arm during long strokes of the shock.

Be sure to post up the offsets you use, im getting some 17 x 8 +32 in the next few weeks. Im kind of hopin gto be able to run 245 all round so that i can for the first time rotate fronts to rear etc etc. i suspect i may have to use a spacer on the front though... cnt be sure as i have just rasied the front of my car 35mm

Im more concerned about the offset of the rim and clearing the guards and susp...i just cut to hell a new set of front DO1J as i tried to get away with 235/45/17 on the front, and rubbing has cut the outside shoulder.

Only drove about 35kms, then i had the front raised, but as i suspected i shoudl have got the car raised befoire getting new wider tyres...oh well...interested to see how you go!

Yeah Chris, I'm hearing you re Laurie. It's a damn shame he's no longer at the Gouger St Bridgestone, mind you even if he was I don't think he'd be able to do good prices on R rubber.

I remember Laurie telling me when I got my RE540S' that it was about to be a one dealer show. Obviously that dealer is Kym Davis Tyres.

Laurie worked on the principle of a small mark-up and large volume. Kym Davis probably works on a large mark-up but small volume :D It's a pity.

My 540's cost $310 for 255/40/17 and $280 for 235/45/17. The current average price for a 235/45/17 RE55S is $360+ according to Steve.

Kym sells them for $351, which is cheaper than Falken Azenis semi slicks (R tyres), which start at $360.

There was a thread on here not long ago, that stated the best price (that anyone could find them) was $360 for RE55s in a 235/45/17.

The price increase could be partly because of the new tyre too, ie RE55 instead of RE540. Its also interesting that while my 255/40/17 fits my 9 inch rim perfectly, the 235s are a bit wider than my 8inch on the front, wider than the last 235s.

If I was to fit RE55s to the back, I would only fit a 235, not a 255 - not that I will be in a hurry to do it again soon - too much grip:) On the fronts though, cant see myself running much else.

So you reckon the 235x40x18's onthe back Steve? Same on the front.

The guy at Nth Terrace tyres reckons a couple of guys with skylines have the A032R compund tyres and their better than the RE55s.

Heres a pic of the Yokohama A048R (the ones for the back):P

The guy aslso reckons they use these in the Targa Tas? Can anyone call :bs!: on this?

Im more concerned about the offset of the rim and clearing the guards and susp...i just cut to hell a new set of front DO1J as i tried to get away with 235/45/17 on the front, and rubbing has cut the outside shoulder.

Only drove about 35kms, then i had the front raised, but as i suspected i shoudl have got the car raised befoire getting new wider tyres...oh well...interested to see how you go!

Just removed a 225 50 16 I had on ther rear to see if the 9.5" wide rim fits on there....

Well i had a feel around the back first and sh*t, there aint much room back there to start with - even with the 16s on there. Im talking like 10 to 20mm clearance of the suspension...sheit :P

Removed the 16 and slapped on the 18 (with no tyre still) ......... Hooley Dooley :( it has the same clearance as the 16 inch rim. 10 to 20mm of the suspension.

The 225's on the 16's bulge a little too. So if i fit the 245's on the 18's i shouldn't have any clearance problemos :(

So that with the car jacked up... is it fair to assume that if the rim clears the susp arms at full stroke, then clearance shoudl be ok when you drop the car down on the wheel. My ride height at the rear is 340mm from the guard to the centre of the rim...is your rideheight about the same/higher/lower, id love to be able to squeeze some 255/265 x 18 on the rears