SAU Community

Aftermarket Rb26Dett 6Tb Plenum

Hi guy and girls just wondering who makes Aftermarket RB26dett 6tb plenum ?? Seen a few on eBay but where else can I get them.. Cheers Oscar

I would be sticking with the stock rb26 plenum, there's nothing wrong with them at all.

Nismo make an aftermarket one which is $$$ and gives like 1% better flow or something...

Edited by Mitcho_7

400-500kw big $$$ gtrs getting around with stock plenum and tbs....

yeh I have seen that 550rwkws I've seen with stock RB26 plenum and tbs on a RB26!!

I would be sticking with the stock rb26 plenum, there's nothing wrong with them at all.

Nismo make an aftermarket one which is $$$ and gives like 1% better flow or something...

I measured the outside temps on the exhaust manifold across all 6 cylinders on the dyno before and after adding my Nismo plenum. Admittedly not 100% accurate but certainly enough to warrant putting this on.

How did you determine on your GT-R if this was a worthwhile upgrade??

I measured the outside temps on the exhaust manifold across all 6 cylinders on the dyno before and after adding my Nismo plenum. Admittedly not 100% accurate but certainly enough to warrant putting this on.

How did you determine on your GT-R if this was a worthwhile upgrade??

What were the results/temps, Gav?

I'd be reckoning that the rear 2 cylinders were running a few degrees hotter due to then running leaner.

Running leaner because the stock plenum ends up flowing more air through the rear 2 runners than the rest.

So you put the two highest flowing injectors into #6 & #5, tune to suit and be happy with a stock plenum and spend $2000 on hookers and booze :)

Or just trim the injectors to give perfect egt and be with hookers while the tuner is tuning

What is the car used for? As others have said, the std inlet seems to be a pretty good thing. But at these power levels I am not aware of too many people doing credible back to back comparisons with the likes of Hypertune, Greddy, Nismo etc etc. If I was going to change I would go Greddy if I had over 400rwkws

I know 3 cars that run one...admittedly two of those were from back around 2005 and tuning etc has come a fair ways since then. they were quick cars, one of them a 9 second car from Japan that only saw street duties so no dragstrip fan fare here in Aus as the owner kept to himself and just enjoyed it..but they worked real well on those two cars and a friends R34 runs one and it is an animal. I have been driving it a fair bit the past 5 months and frankly for a 400awkws 2530 powered car it is pretty impressive. I have no idea how much of its performance can be credited to the plenum, but seat of the pants tells me its quicker then other 2.6L 2530 cars I have been in.

But my comment is pretty unsubstantiated seat of pants claim