SAU Community

Knees Touching Steering

Hey guys, I have an ergonomic issue which I wanna run past you guys to ask for some opinions/experiences. I'm 6'2" (190cm ish) and my knees touch the bottom of the steering wheel and I also have difficulty heel and toe-ing. I'm currently running the stock seats and airbag equiped steering wheel in my R33. So I was wanting to ask what are the best options for me from others that may have been in the same boat before.

have you tried the knob on the right of the seat? its in front of the lever that reclines the seat, it lowers the front edge of the seat, i had issues with my legs hitting the steering wheel till i found it

might not be the same issue though...

it may help, although you are a lot taller than me...

I'm the same height as u and in my r33 gtr I have no issues, and I'm pretty sure when I had my gtst I didn't have any either.

Do u have an airbag steering wheel? If not then get an aftermarket wheel and quick release hub to push the wheel further out and up to give u extra room

Move your seat back.

Lift the wheel up (via adjustment).

lol.

The stock wheel was originally made for Nissan Buses, large. Non-gtr seats are also from the same Buses and sit very high...

Hard to do much about the wheel and remain RWC compliant. But you can change to GTR seats or Ark Design / Recaro / what ever with Bride Rail and get you much lower than the stock GTST seats.

Yeh I have maxed everything, the steering position and seat position etc.

I'm the same height as u and in my r33 gtr I have no issues, and I'm pretty sure when I had my gtst I didn't have any either.

Do u have an airbag steering wheel? If not then get an aftermarket wheel and quick release hub to push the wheel further out and up to give u extra room

Oh really?! :O Hm I'll try fidling with the seat again but yeh pretty sure it's maxed at it's current position. Yeh my steering wheels an airbag one xp Edited by Tadahisa

R34 with sunroof is shocking

even with new seats and ultra low bride rails its still to high up , got leg room now still hit steering

At 6'2 and not small frame

I'm so sick of it I'm ready to bolt straight into the floor pan minus the factory pickup points

Just about driving from the backseat !!

Damn poor design

That's so much funnier than the simpsons tall man.

Good to see you have a sense of humour.

Was expecting a torch

I didn't realise 34's were an issue.

Suppose being 5.10" it's not noticible in mine at all.

with a body of a usa nfl football player no way lol

I went to buy a viper in usa and my shoulders hit the window before the door would close , unless the targa top was off no way to fit

The new ford falcons are worse to enter the roof line makes you fold in half before entry haha