SAU Community

Are Skylines 'Cop Bait' ?

I was wondering if any other Skyline drivers feel that because they drive a Skyline they are more likely to be "cop bait" and recieve just a little more attention from our boys in blue just because of what we drive?

Thanks

is...i dunno...a tree...sexing....err...funkymunky?

well when i was pulled over for a breath test (not randomly, they were doing it in a backstreet in the middle of the road on january 1st 2004) after he decided to give me defect for no h pattern and othetr such things he said to me "now you dont look like a hoon, but you are driving a hoonish car" (must of been my sandles, pale hairy legs and unkept hair that saved me)

that pretty much meant, well yeah, we didnt have to pull you over but i mean come one, your driving a skyline, its our government given right

jeeeeeez, you guys are hard on the kid! But so true you are! So I'll add my 2.2cents inc GST.

Doh!...

- Are all cops cops!

- Do all cops suck Steve Brax's co(k

- Are speed cameras really about driver safety & not revenue raising

- Do all dyno's give the same reading

Just incase you haven't got the message, the answer is Yes!

I was wondering if any other Skyline drivers feel that because they drive a Skyline they are more likely to be "cop bait" and recieve just a little more attention from our boys in blue just because of what we drive?  

Thanks

Of course they are, and their reputation with police is largly due to the behavior of many people who drive them in a manor that is entirely inappropriate.

Of course the fact remains if you are a sensible driver and dont set out to attract attention to yourself the police are normally ok.

hmm i never got piked on with my old skyline only untill i got cought speeding, i got a yellow for my exhaust which was well louder than the legal limit which i guess was fair enough.

I havent had a bad experience with a cop yet.

i think this will differe from state to state.. but definatly in Melbourne, skylines draw attention from cops....

about a week or two after i had my car, i got pulled over around toorak rd... cop had a wrx pulled over was just finishing with him i drove past he caught me and pulled me over... checked over my car, license etc.. pop the bonnet, couldn't find anything, he said that and i quote

"these types of cars you will get pulled over if you come this way on a friday or saturday night" (it was a sunday night anyways)

i think its a bit harsh.... but he wasn't a complete dick to me... but he did have the attitude 'smart ass until proven otherwise' i was polite to him etc.. and he started to not be such a dick to me ....

but he did have the attitude 'smart ass until proven otherwise' i was polite to him etc.. and he started to not be such a dick to me ....

yep same with me, i just acted nice and friendly like the way i am normally (im such a nice guy, dont you want to marry me?) and everytime he pointed out to me something on my car i was "oh no really? oh damn, oh damnit" so he must of simpathised thinking i got my "GTST" a week ago or something (ok so i have had it for over 3 years now and it was a gts back then)

got pulled over 2 months ago and after the pig took like 15mins checking my car for defects and my license...he finally came back to my car and gave me my license and said:

"One word of advice mate....lose the car or you will end up losing you license"