SAU Community

Anyone Know What This Is? Or Does? C34 S2 Electrical Box

Nadnerb

Hi, looking in my dash as im going to swap my xanavi unit for the standard air con unit. I found some aftermarket wiring and traced it back to this. Anyone know what the white box is and what has been wired into it.

-White box found under far left of dash, just to the left when the glove box is removed.

-Black box found behind the xanavi headunit, with a few metres of blue & yellow cable taped up. (Not connected to anything).

Just curious as to what this could be as it looks aftermarket and wonder what it does. or what it is meant to be able to do

post-96096-0-36485400-1344229518_thumb.jpg

post-96096-0-24030100-1344229523_thumb.jpg

post-96096-0-88473000-1344229527_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Edited by Nadnerb

Any numbers or writing on them? The black box looks a bit like a speed cut defeat for getting rid of the 180km/hr peed limit but tbh could be anything.

Maybe the white box is what is needed for the interior light delay! What are the numbers on it?

Have a closer look at it and see if theres a brand or anything on it, I've found cables to nowhere under my passenger seat, behind my dash and also the cables and transformer for reverse sensors I don't have so there's a good chance whatever it was for has been stripped from your car, oh yeah I also have two on off switches that don't do anything haha

Also not to thread hijack but semi related, my air con unit doesn't function completely, ie if it's on 18 degrees I get coldest air, if i move it one notch to 19 I get air hotter then the fires of hell, and I also have no lights on the bottom row of buttons, could this indicate I had xanavi once and someone has done a half arse job of switching it?

Edited by Chris_Beli

White box on far left of dash is connected to your central locking, I believe its the reciever for your key.

When I installed my immobiliser we had the dash apart under the steering column trying to find a signal from a box on the passenger side.

Annoying.

Hi thanks, yer white box number is 28595 0v005 . I google searched it and found alot of japanese writing, but used google translator and found that;

The White box pictured is the Nissan Stagea keyless computer (translated)

The little black box that has been wired in only has Japanese writing on it, so not sure what it is or does yet, but it looks to be aftermarket add-on.

Nah if im on tv or vtr1 and change out of P or N then a saftey screen comes up.

Must be something to do with the central locking or keyless system

The black box looks like it has a button on the front from the last picture. Does it look like a card reader?

In the first picture there is something else in the back of the foot well is that connected to any of it and what is it.

The black box looks like it has a button on the front from the last picture. Does it look like a card reader?

In the first picture there is something else in the back of the foot well is that connected to any of it and what is it.

Hey, The thing that looks like a protruding button is just a clip that holds it together im pretty sure. theres no card reader on it either

The thing in the footwell corner is my crossover for the speakers.

Also not to thread hijack but semi related, my air con unit doesn't function completely, ie if it's on 18 degrees I get coldest air, if i move it one notch to 19 I get air hotter then the fires of hell, and I also have no lights on the bottom row of buttons, could this indicate I had xanavi once and someone has done a half arse job of switching it?

I dare say your HVAC controller is playing up. Have you checked the resistance in the globes for your buttons? Mine were fried, replaced them 6 months ago ( genuine P/N: 27545-0N002 for the short ones for the button illumination, & 27545 - 8E100 for the three long ones for the LCD illumination).

Have you tried unplugging them to see what dosen't work. Does the black box wire upto the white box it looks like it has the same colour wires out of each box. And the blue and yellow like like a switch wire. See if there is volts on 1 of them or try touching them together.

Also