SAU Community

Sept Deca - Wrap Up

R31Nismoid

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive props to organisers and volunteers and also a big thanks to Josh for lending me his baby.

As all have said, thanks to the organisers and volunteers for the great day. Was awesome to get back out there in my own car.

Special thanks to Marty for the videos, some great stuff there.

but no thanks to you 2 getting your numbers mixed up!

Flawlessly run event as usual. First time on the mega mini wang and that still has me feeling a little aroused. I had an absolute blast, the 86 is just a metric FVCKTONNE of fun to drive. Skidpan as usual, was all about the smoke, but the backtracks were where the real fun was.

To the orange vests - once again, thanks for everything - I know a lot of your own time goes in to organising this for us hacks to get out there and have some fun.

To the yellow vests - this day couldn't go ahead without your selflessly given time and energy to make this happen.

To all the DECA n00bs - how much fun is it? Hope to see you all back again for the next DECA

To all the usual suspects. Holy shit, I thought I'd partied hard and made an arse of myself. Ambulances, getting locked in Nightclubs - you are all insane and I love it. If it weren't my 11th anniversary of meeting my wife this weekend I would have been there getting loose with you ;)

Thanks for a great day organisers and officials!

the Forester loved the Wangs, but not so much the skid pan, team stuffed coilovers ftl!

Great videos martin!

Definitely want to do it again, but in a smaller RWD car!

tripod'n

15hjqx2.jpg

Edited by joelz87

I0000F0wuf41Zy2I.jpg

Keep an eye out on the Autocult.net facebook page as we'll have a link to a short write up from the event. Also, if you havent already like the page and enter the competition we are running with the Skylines Australia Nationals. Free photo shoot of your car on and off the track, over $800 in value. Just like the page and follow the steps in the post on the Autocult.net facebook wall.

I'll put a few more of my photos up in here and a link to all of the photos once I finish the write up.

Huge thanks to all involved in organising such a awesome and well run event. Says alot about the SAUVic club, the professionalism in the event planning and ability for the day to be run well, without any of the bitching and politics you can get elsewhere. All in all, it makes for one of the best and most fun days Ive had in motorsport, for which you all should be congratulated.

I know David and Min in the Loti also had a ball and we all look forward to returning in December.

Admittedly I wasnt overly keen on the condition of the Mini Wang , probably cause I came off and was sliding towards a tree for a bit (not a fan of rocks or trees for that matter!), but other than that, it was an absolute blinder of a day.

Well done.

Cheers

Joshua.

SWEET morning! Was great to see so many people enjoying the thrills that deca brings! Also good to see a nice mix of cars.

Was great to experience the handling of the 86, the thing STEERS! Thanks Aaron for the ride.

Hope to be driving at the next Deca!

Leon, thanks for the keys to the ranga mobile. Awesome fun.

Thanks Wayne for organising all the volunteers. You make life a lot easier!

Bec, good work with all the paperwork to get this event going.

Aaron - Thanks for sponsoring the event. www.importmonster.com.au

To everyone who helped out on the day its much appreciated. The day ran like clockwork because everyone was on their A game. 51 cars, the mega wang and two fairly big morning maps and we still got through the whole sched.

Next time we run the mega mini we will do a call out to anyone with nice paint and a broom to come along and help sweep it ;). It had been messed up since we last used it.

Great seeing all the new entrants. If you had fun, spread the word. Results will be up in the next week.