SAU Community

Can You Put A Third Seat Belt In The Back Of Gtr

Hi,

Looking at buying a GTR R32, 33 can you put a third seat belt in the back and have it engineered as I have three kids. My wife's cousin has a nice GTS-TT worked to the max and it has three belts in the back?

Thanks in advance !

I believe a GTR has the same floor plan as a gtst, so by rights the belt mounts will be the same, the only issue would be getting the correct seat (R32 GTST).

I could fit 3 kids in the back of my 33GTST up until the eldest was about 11, when the kids didnt fit anymore I ripped out the seat and put in a half cage, LOL.

Word off warnining though, unless its engineered they may not be covered by insurace.

GTS-TT :blink:

If you want 3 people in the back yeh, dont look at 2 doors

I said GTS-TT as I said it is heavily modded and runs twin turbos (TT) With RB30 bottom end....Thanks all for the input, Would love a 4 door GTR R33 seen a few at jap auction nice!

Edited by jbute

Hi,

Looking at buying a GTR R32, 33 can you put a third seat belt in the back and have it engineered as I have three kids. My wife's cousin has a nice GTS-TT worked to the max and it has three belts in the back?

Thanks in advance !

I have owned an R32 GTS-T and it did have a middle seatbelt installed however the rear seat in an R32 GTS-T is completely different from the R32 GTR. The rear seat in the GTR has two seats which are sunk down a bit to provide a bit of a bucket like shape and then the middle is raised up. It is not really a seat so I can't see that you could ever get a seatbelt back there. I believe the set up of the gear box and drive train in the GTR means that the hump for the driveshaft is larger than a GTS-T.

However as others have said a car like this is really not suitable for 5 people even if many are kids. 2 adults and 2 kids fine, or 3 adults isn't too bad but if you are planning to have a lot of people in the car often then an EVO or something like that would be more suitable.