SAU Community

Megan Racing Muffler (V36) - My Thoughts

The Max

Of course it's the stock ECU. That's what the Uprev Osiris cable is made for. I didn't want to go through the process of wiring in another MoTeC like I did in my previous project. Modern cars in particular are so tightly integrated with all their other components that one does not tread lightly in the aftermarket ECU domain unless they want to lose all the creature comforts and some of the OEM performance benefits, such as the all-wheel steering and whatnot. This is where it's best to leave the stock ECU and remap it instead. That's the purpose of the Osiris.

Sorry, got lazy and didn't look up what Uprez Osiris was. Now that I did, did you do the tuning yourself or got a tuner to do it? Then again I wouldn't know what to look for in a tune, have not much experience in it. Might just go with tuners first and then maybe look at Uprev. It looks really interesting though.

Thanks for the info :) Will hit you up if I get more questions if you don't mind :)

I haven't yet done any tuning on it. I only got to drive it for a couple months before I had to fly off to the UK for 5 months work so there's a lot going on now that I'm back on home turf again. The tune will be the last thing I do. I no longer have access to a dyno like I used to so I'll be relying on the services of Tunehouse and hopefully the owner remembers me given I had long hair back in 2002 when we did the MoTeC training seminar. :)

If you know how to tune, it's a logical process but the butt dyno will only be good enough for getting a general tune. After which, a dyno is absolutely necessary for a fine tune and particularly with timing where you need to listen carefully for knocking so that you can dial the timing back a bit. Fuel's easy because you can read the lambda values from an EGO meter. It's spark that's the slightly trickier one.

Someone here has already had theirs tuned by someone in the Central Coast if I remember correctly. It's in their signature with every message they leave so keep an eye out for it. It definitely gives you the most gains for an NA mod and it's about as far as I'd go because I don't see the value in forking out cash on hardware that could be better spent doing a proper forced induction modification instead. Many here will disagree with me but we all still get along despite this difference. :)

Why hack into the ECU wiring loom if you don't have to? The only time I see a piggyback option being feasible/necessary is when you're going for massive upgrades which then require the use of sensors with different electrical characteristics. If all you're changing is the injectors and going mild boost, then an ECU reflash is more than enough.