SAU Community

Jjr 3" Dump Pipe

twins777

hi guys,

I just purchased a JJR 3" dump pipe and got my mechanic to fit it today and ran into trouble.. when dump pipe was fitted bottom of turbo flange was flush but had a 10-12mm gap at the top and the flange at the cat end didn't quite line up and was hitting the trans x member and couldn't get it to fit at all.. bit of a mystery as saw other ppl were running the same dump pipe on there stags.. just wondering if anyone has had the same problem..

cheers guys

hi there,

yeah it's a JJ 3" stainless bellmouth dump pipe.. I also have a x force cat to.. have to send it back so they can have a look at it and send me another one.. after two attempts of getting a dump pipe on my stag maybe I mite get one that fits..

r33 or 34?

some have reported r34 ones not fitting

i've got a r33 one on mine, i nudged the exhaust on something when reversing once and it hit the transmission for a while but i bent it back a bit and now its ok

you may have to get an exhaust shop to tweak it a little

the one I bought from just jap was listed to fit a R32,33 and C34.. yeah have heard also bout R34 ones not fitting that's because they are a bit longer.. hopefully can sort it out with just jap so I can get one on my car..

I fitted one up recently (SS R33 type), I found the top flange ok, but the bottom one was about 10mm inboard towards the trans and 5-10 mm shorter lengthways.

I had to rejig the hanger/mount near the trans crossmember with an S bend and some notched holes....

The flange was really close to the trans Xmember.

Pulled my rear muffler just under my bumper, was pretty bummed but couldnt be arsed with sending back accross the other side of the country to get the exact same piece.

My car has 80% more sad kitten sounds though.

Maybe it is the Chinese who are not making them properly.

I have a JJ copy of a Gready FFP. The one I got was perfect and nicely chromed. Others I hve heard that have had to be machined flat

for the gasket to seal. There was one at NIZPRO the other day and it was shit. Jeff was sending it back.

Here's a photo sent by a customer as the Flange on those dumps wasn't milled out 100% to dump pipe gasket. It would affect turbo's performance as the step is right at where the turbine wheel sits. Would defiantly require some di-grinding and welding before installation.

155652_531339400213757_1005918000_n.jpg

That is shitty. I got my stuff about two years ago and it was first class. Sorry to see such substandard stuff coming in.

But it is not just the automotive trade that is suffering.

My wife (Mrs 66) is an artist, a VERY GOOD ARTIST, and we have an Art Gallery on Mt. Tamborine. Chinese canvas print "art" is killing the market out here.Eight years ago there was 28 picture frame moulding manufacturers in China. Today there are seven. Cheap and nasty survives. Quality goes out the window.

Sh1t, I just ordered the wrong one off JustJap. I accidentally ordered the R34 model.

Luckily, I called in time and changed to the R32/R33/C34 model instead - same price too.

Don't make the same mistake I did, otherwise it will be a bit longer and won't fit!

http://justjap.com/s...316&cat=&page=1

Edited by tchard

Here's a photo sent by a customer as the Flange on those dumps wasn't milled out 100% to dump pipe gasket. It would affect turbo's performance as the step is right at where the turbine wheel sits. Would defiantly require some di-grinding and welding before installation.

155652_531339400213757_1005918000_n.jpg

I cant tell if thats worse than mine, checked the gasket against the opening and there wasnt more than a mm smaller.

2012-09-17150908.jpg

Is that a JJR one too?

Yours actually looks like it fits ok :/

Yeah its an r33 jjr.

Iit fit 'ok', had to bash the metal inwards near the middle bolt down on the head side so you could get a socket on the bolt, and rejig the hanger at the gearbox xmember a little but apart from that, yeah...