SAU Community

To All Newcastle Members, Heads Up For Operation Hammer!

xntrq

Saw this on Facebook and thought to give everyone a heads up from Newy.

Police target illegally modified cars - Operation Hammer

Friday, 19 October 2012 12:09:54 PM

Police have booked 44 defective vehicles, issued 84 traffic infringement notices and confiscated a number of cars following an operation in Newcastle overnight.

Yesterday (Thursday 18 October 2012) officers from the Traffic and Highway Patrol Command, with assistance from Newcastle City Local Area Command, executed the first phase of Operation Hammer, a joint initiative targeting illegally modified cars in and around Newcastle.

Police inspected vehicles at a number of locations including Wharf Road, Nobby’s Beach car park and under the Stockton Bridge.

In addition to issuing traffic infringements and defecting illegally modified cars, police charged three people for allegedly performing burnouts.

All three had their licenses suspended, including a 17-year-old male who had only acquired his P1 licence 24 hours earlier.

Superintendent Stuart Smith, Operations Commander of the Traffic and Highway Patrol, said police would continue to target illegally modified vehicles over the coming months.

“Illegally modified vehicles can pose a real danger to those who drive them as well as other road users,” Superintendent Smith said.

“We will continue to conduct these operations over the summer months in a bid to get dangerous cars off NSW roads.”

Original Link: http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/latest_releases?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGd3d3LmViaXoucG9saWNlLm5zdy5nb3YuYXUlMkZtZWRpYSUyRjI2MjM5Lmh0bWwmYWxsPTE%3D

Yeah.... f**k.... I better take my big brakes and new suspension out and put the 1998 stuff back in before I kill someone..... f**kin morons!

Although in saying that, if u were stupid enough to be at the spot they mentioned then u kind of had it coming.... The defected cars would be stock Falcodores with worn tyres for sure.... U NEVER get serious cars there as the owners have more brains!

So if this is TL DR, cops are fkd, Newcastle is fkd

This is why the import scene in Newcastle is dying.

Newcastle is 10x worse than Sydney for import owners.

Ive actually enjoyed cruising around Sydney when I had my S13...never got negative police attention. I think because there is a lot more modified cars in Sydney the police are a bit more lenient if your car is modified tastefully.

I believe that if you show your car and police respect, you should be given a fair go, but clearly that doesnt happen in Newcastle.

Anyway, I wouldn't be suprised if the Po Po end up making an appearance on the Old Pac cruise

This is exactly why I f**king HATE the douche bags on Newcastle skylines that think it's cool to "do burnouts on the maino" I bet there all now having a little bitch saying cops are f**ked. It's not the cops fault, it's them being f**kwits on the road making it unsafe for people to walk on the footpath. The more reports of burnouts and dragging the worse it'll get.

That's why you don't get harassed in Sydney benji, cause Sydney isn't full of f**kwit bogans!!!

apreferably away from newcastle to many full sick bros will turn up hah

yeh we need to keep it :ph34r: text will go out 30min b4 the meet with the address and password to get in.

Could be cool to just have a beer on a Thursday night somewhere

Shall we continue this convo in the Sau Newcastle thread?? Bit more appropriate and more people will see it.

That's why you don't get harassed in Sydney benji, cause Sydney isn't full of f**kwit bogans!!!

I think what you'll really find is that Sydney has already had the crack down, and hence why the car scene is dead.

The same as what happened in Wollongong.

Gone are the days of the runs that used to occur...

Was seeing all over FacepalmBook last night they had cops at Koorangang and shut down the Foreshore for defects, are people truly that thick that they will go to the hotspots at the same time every week? :no:

Ill be truly dissapointed if they bug me about my car, its quieter, smoother and safer than most shitboxes i pass.... I would love to get a track and a dead stock R34 and do some brake tests, cornering tests etc with a direct comparison and we will see which one works better.... Also, go and find every stock car and take pics of worn tyres etc and show the % of cars that are unsafe would be much greater to that of an import owner/modifier that takes pride in their possession!

/Rant

Yeh they setup on the coast last night to, sushi and i played dodge the cops to get to old pac, then on the way home waved at 3 HWP that where parked eating at maccas at westgosford, got out of there quick smart after that rofl.