SAU Community

Unique & Interesting Places In Melbourne

JGTC

Der Raum is my absolute favourite place to chill/hang out with friends, this place is definitely special/unique and it is awesome. Generally only have one or two drinks (it's about $25 for one) but its definitely worth the experience.

Maha has good food, not cheap, but not overly pricey either, although admittedly I was quite disappointed the last time i went, they do however have a very nice Shisha lounge and fantastic atmosphere

I can recommend a couple more places but they are a tad on the "only go if someone else is paying" side

Edited by JamesK

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True maybe good for a local for people who live past Lilydale going warburton way (used to be me lol) 40 mins to the closest club and pubs close at 11 :/ whip is a pedo dream though so many underagers go there. Went once and never again. Now I moved out of warburton area and down boronia area I do need to find a nice pub though.

lol I used to go Whip when I was 22-23, made me feel 40. Fantastic perve though, the ratio of girls was always higher than guys.

Have you been to Irish at Knox? I don't like recommending the place as its not my favourite, but I have had a lot of good nights there as a back up joint...and it's quite an easy pick up (you know how guys always say a place is an easy pick up cause they've picked up there all of once lol, well this place you tend to fight people off with a stick).

lol I used to go Whip when I was 22-23, made me feel 40. Fantastic perve though, the ratio of girls was always higher than guys.

Have you been to Irish at Knox? I don't like recommending the place as its not my favourite, but I have had a lot of good nights there as a back up joint...and it's quite an easy pick up (you know how guys always say a place is an easy pick up cause they've picked up there all of once lol, well this place you tend to fight people off with a stick).

Yer I went at same stage exact same feeling like I was oldest person in place haha, dak is a little higher in age alot of mates I know still go often (23-25)

Yer the Irish, good value for money cheap or no entry when I went decent beer prices, if you wanna dance not much room good outside part. Have not been during the day, I assume it would be ok? Though once when I went they were filming a cop show and not so now but years back I always hear of fights there.

Also in Ringwood, the Ringwood club on corner of oban road, always head there on a friday with dad. Not a bad place for a beer and bet or the meal area is ok :)

Doing what? I ride past there all the time.

Bottle shop bitch :P The best job for a uni student haha. You should see my car in the car park there 2-4 times a week or inside the bottle shop if its raining.

I love how this conversation went from cool unique places in Melbourne to shitty places in the eastern burbs.

As for the Irish pub. I don't often have a good time there on a Friday or Saturday night but it isn't bad when it's quiet. Possibly the best parma I've had and cheap too!

Bottle shop bitch :P The best job for a uni student haha. You should see my car in the car park there 2-4 times a week or inside the bottle shop if its raining.

i walked past there a shitload when i had a boken arm and needed lunch, never ever saw a skyline there XD

i walked past there a shitload when i had a boken arm and needed lunch, never ever saw a skyline there XD

I hope you didn't get food from the middle, they have terrible pub food, My Skyline usually lingered in the rear car park so you probably couldn't see it from the street, but I sold it a few months ago.

I hope you didn't get food from the middle, they have terrible pub food, My Skyline usually lingered in the rear car park so you probably couldn't see it from the street, but I sold it a few months ago.

would have been February when i walked to get food

and f**k the middle, i went to safeway :P

Was gonna head there tonight, changed our plans :/

Yer Parma is decent there, can get the 10$ parma and pot for a quick fix on the sports bar side. Wouldnt go to the bistro unless you had kids.

Ive heard the lower has good pub meals and the upper does have good bistro from last i went.

Drove past dakz tonight and saw a girl in the gutter munting up her guts. If only I were single I would have picked her up.

standard fare

once saw some bird doing that at 9pm, give her massive shit