SAU Community

My Bi-Monthly pulling over happend the other day...

inark

Once again i got pulled over by an Officer of the Law the other day in my gfs Soarer...

I was pulled over more times in her car than i have ever been pulled over in my skyline... even when i was a P plater and i had my skyline i never got pulled over in it.

Anyway...

Got pulled over down cochranes rd...

"Car looks a bit low, im going to do a test" - she says

/Wipes brow as the car didnt have any rear mufflers on it at the time, just the split pipes coming from the cat to behind the rear tyres.

"Yeah no worries... go for it" - i say as i know it aint cause the suspension is STOCK

"Im going to have to give u a $165 fine cause its too low" - she says

"oh i dont think so" - I say

"The suspension hasnt been modified, it has stock springs and shocks so..." - I says to her

"Well i just used this wheel to measure it and it was hitting on something" - She replies

"Is it hitting the sides or something cause theyre pretty low?" - i ask

"Nope. They dont count. Only the chassis and exhaust etc count. Your front bar and bodykit could be as low as you like but its ok." - she says. Thats pretty damn interesting.

"Like i said. I dont think so... maybe because me and my friend are in the car." - was my reply

"Ok. Jump out and i will show you where its hitting. You'll have to get down on ur knees" - she remarked all the while i was thinking no. its u who needs to get down on ur knees and have some of thi....

ummmm anyway.

"ok no worries." - i get out the car, she starts rolling her little wheel and theres at least 3 to 4cm gap between the wheel and the car.

"i know its around here somewhere it was hitting" - she said... while i was thinking to myself... well it aint on the f&^king exhaust u blind cow CAUSE THEIR AINT ONE! :D

"Like i said, maybe it was because me and my mate were in the car cause the car is completely stock standard from the factory and it isnt canariable.(nice invented word i slipped in)

"Well your lucky, you just got out of a $165 fine" - she remarks

"Not really lucky..." - didnt want to continue the sentence (... your just revenue raising for bracks now hes been bent over and has to pay out for every wrong speeding fine) especially considering the car doesnt have a proper exhaust on it.

She then just ran a check on my licence and gave it back to me.

Feeling somewhat ****y i then started asking her questions about the skirts etc..

Telling her how im getting something else which the suspension is stock but the kit is about 5cm off the ground and she said that that was perfectly legal!

Very interesting.

I then pushed my luck a little further and told her about the old exhaust that was on the soarer and how loud it was as she was talking about other mods which they target and she still didnt check the exhaust on the car.

hahaaaaaaa.

btw the exhaust is back on it now.... just thought id share :(

was that before or after she used her truncheon on you?

you smart ass ni :( good work though. Its true though! can't count with people in the car.. although one cop in melb said it was laden weight *with* the dudes in the car they had to count. Usual vague story made up on the spot.

I thought it was "lowest point of any part of the car excluding suspension arms or something". .. so that would include a bodykit?? Its on the VIC roads site hidden somewehere.

You can count it with one person in the car ie the driver... but not more than 1.

regardless shes full of shit... i remember one of her excuses "must have been the angle i was doing it on earlier"

yeah, in other words she didnt get right down on her knees the first time like the bitch should have AND TAKEN IT ALL!! :D

btw yes she was blonde :P

I got done for too low. I told them I had groceries in the back as I had just left Safeway. They checked of course.....and told me I had worn shocks and gave me a canary. Sometimes you win sometimes you loose.

one of the most useful of all sites...

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/vrnint...nDocument&Area=[Road+safety+hidden+documents]

Number 8 has guides to modifying ur vehicle and is probably the most useful.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/vrnint...nDocument&Area=[Road+safety+hidden+documents]

==================

4. GROUND CLEARANCE

The Ground Clearance of a vehicle measured from a horizontal road surface to any point on the underside of the vehicle except the tyres, wheels, wheel hubs and brake backing plates shall, with the vehicle in its loaded state as specified by the manufacturer, be not less than:

for any point in the width of the vehicle which is within one metre fore and aft of any axle, 100 mm;

for the mid-point between any two consecutive axles, the dimension in millimetres obtained by multiplying the distance between those two axles in metres by 33.33.

==================

This states that the "underside" of a vehicle... the underside of a car is its chasis and a sideskirt, rear bar and front bar do not classify as "underside".