SAU Community

Best Turbo Upgrade. Experiences. Results. S1 Stagea

juzzy.melb

Hi all. I am planning on upgrading my turbo soon. Just after opinions and info regarding what others have found to be the best Brand/Model for a Series 1. Also ease of installation. And what were the results and any subsequent issues found. Many thanks. Justin

That is Rb25det Neo motor with a OP6 turbine housing. There are plenty of people including my self using hypergear high flows making 250rwkws+ with pretty good response. lilcrash had some thing else on it but wasn't a high flow, plus he's had heaps of other problems.

It was a small SS1 and was aiming for super responsive 250rwkws. This turbo has made around 250rwkws on three different skylines including R34 with 20psi of boost by 3200rpms before it was built for particular customer.

I've been told it doesn't hit boost on his car till about 5000RPMs on the same time it had a engine and other things wrong before it was sold not long after. In this particular case, it is a very tempered package with many different parts working together, I don't believe the finger should be pointed to the turbocharger without looking into the rest, and I some how wished I could have the car for few weeks going through with to spot any problem there might be.

The OP6 high flow would be a bigger size turbo then the SS1 for the Rb25det Neo motor. Most people are doing the easy 250rwkws mark with it with very good drivability, there are couple of dyno readings of it in our high flow thread worth looking at, overall It's a good and inexpensive option for a street level performance upgrade.

Car came with a Apexi safc 2. Will check out hypergear. Currently waiting on coils from jp. So a good option while its out of action. Any idea of cost? Once my mods are done it will go to chasers for dyno

Contact Stao from Hypergear and tell him what you have and what you want and he will sort you out a price.

And if you are not going manual anytime soon consider buying this:

http://www.trademe.c...079&permanent=0

I ran my highflow with an SAFC and SITC for a while til I got my manual box. If you want a decent tune you need to be able to adjust timing as well.

(Let me know if you need help to get it)

4bidn1 on here had a GCG 2IU hiflow..was a good thing except it surged like a motherf**ker with a auto and the stagea weight.

Something like that in the hypergear range without the surge would be sweet as for a daily

I had a GCG hiflow - was able to tune out the surge with my Jaycar boost controller!

Yes I'm there (in NZ). Buy now is optional and this vendor hasn't offered it. Yes people can put in a last minute bid to top you. What I would do is decide the most you want to pay ($120, $150 or whatever and then enter that figure and tick the box that says "auto bid" and then place bid. It won't show up and your bid will remain at $100 unless someone outbids you. If someone bids $110 a bid for you at one dollar more will automatically be made ($111 in that case) and this will continue up to the maximum you have selected. If no-one else bids you will still get it for NZ$100 (AU$79.19). Postage should be about $20 -$25.

I had a GCG hiflow - was able to tune out the surge with my Jaycar boost controller!

Theres a few types of gcg hi-flow..you probally didnt have this one..lol, it was the 500 but with a 2IU, everyone usually uses the 450...

the OP6 housing would have helped, not sure if it would

totally fix it

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

Yes I'm there (in NZ). Buy now is optional and this vendor hasn't offered it. Yes people can put in a last minute bid to top you. What I would do is decide the most you want to pay ($120, $150 or whatever and then enter that figure and tick the box that says "auto bid" and then place bid. It won't show up and your bid will remain at $100 unless someone outbids you. If someone bids $110 a bid for you at one dollar more will automatically be made ($111 in that case) and this will continue up to the maximum you have selected. If no-one else bids you will still get it for NZ$100 (AU$79.19). Postage should be about $20 -$25.

Gt3076 :)

would be insane with a bigger high stall converter.......

currently just got a shift kit, but when it reaches positive pressure it 'hoiks' up quick to 1bar (current setting)

v.quick package with forged bottom end & cams ;)

still yet to do final 1.5bar tune tho :(