SAU Community

Insuring skyline at P's

Hi all,

I was just wondering, because I am going to get a car next year and I am one 2nd year of P's. How much would it cost to insure a R34 GT-t or R32 GTS-T. These are the two cars I am looking at. Getting the car is no problem, but my parents are concered about insurance cost. Thanks!!!

Hi all,

but my parents are concered about insurance cost. Thanks!!!

As they should be... how old are you?

It will most probably be high... $2500+ for full comp., assuming you are 20 or so?

Advice here is fine, but ringing up a few companies and getting a quote is far better...

Justcars: 13 13 26

Young and Cool: 1300 307 066

Unique Cars: 1800651014

I rang all the companies, justcars was the best for me. There's also an insurance advice line who will give you all the places to ring... i found it on sau, but can't find it at the moment... anyone else?

You may conclude that full comp insurance is not worth it when, for example 5 years of insurance dollars outweighs the cost of the car.

Good luck... keep it to the track :P

edit: also, there's loads of discussion on these forums about insurance... check out the DIY section.... this thread: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=17692

Depends you're 19 so most people won't touch you if you own a turbo.

Just Cars quoted me $5000 a year for an under 25 with a R32 GT-R, with 2 HKS 2510 turbos.

I'm not sure if other insurance companies take into account your modifications to your car.

Third Party would usually be under a grand, but that only covers theft, fire and other peoples cars in crashes.

Full Comprehensive is the lot, and is also alot more expensive.

eN, Maybe get a R34 N/A, much better option towards insurance, but if you want a turbocharged car go for it, insurance is alot of money either way, under 25 insurance sucks big time, goodluck!

i don't think an r34 NA would get a cheaper quote than an r32 gtst because of the prices of the cars... ticking the turbo box for the r32 gtst... approx $15k VS not ticking the turbo box for the r34 approx $30k ... insurance companies' pay out 15 vs 30

you get my point :)

For Skyline's The Trubo And N/a insurance is only a few $100 dollars different (something like $400 i think)

i was quote full cover r33 GTS-T with light mods, bodykit, mags, sound system

$4100 that was with JUST CARS they were the only ones 2 touch it

look i am 19 now but i got insurance wen i was 18 with famous insurance..full comp for $3600 no history...etc. etc.

although that has changed now with my suspension coming up..famous just cancelled my insurance and wont cover me no more =(

it makes a difference... but i don't think you'll find it below $3000 unfortunately.

maybe if: r32 gtst, stock, safe garage, alarm, never park on street, live in a low risk area... all the things they tick and cross on the good side will get it down a lil bit i guess...

but again, ring up just cars :)