SAU Community

300zx TT or a skyline

QuickR33Melb

yep sounds the same as my mates TT Z.

Altho lets get serious he would trade it without even thinking for *any* GTR

As for all this talk about bad visibility. Its all true about the Z. However we're men and we don't care about such things we can *drive* ;)

Performance is great - top end it holds its own (300kph) and I've done a 12.7 down the quarter just with a zorst, boost, air filter and a tune.

In a nutshell, I wouldn't trade my z32 for a Line - unless it was a R34 GTR.

Good luck with the decision!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually took my brother's zed today to work with me and i tell you what the visibility is absolutely shockign through the back windor and side windows. there are 2 massive blind spots and it just doesn't feel as smooth and practical to drive as my r32...

????????

Okay even though I own a z32 and consider myself biased I think my arguments are valid.

1. You'd probably have to give us a detailed description of how your r32 and the z32 are maintained and the setup of both to be judgmental on smoothness. I mean if your bro's z is in poor condition mechanically then yeh i think an excel would run smoother than it.

and

2. Visibility?? Are we not sports car enthuisiasts? I may be wrong but practicality and sports cars do not go well in the same sentence.

P.S. I don't know how I've logged into MissGTR32's account but i'm from the aus300zx forums lol.

yeah ok my opinions on smoothness are probably not accurate as my r32 is definately kept in a better condition than my brother's zed

but as for visibility... the person who started the thread asked for comments about the car. cars for me must fulfil certain criteria as i drive into work and home from work everyday in peak hour and changing lanes is an important part of driving. a versatile car must be practical to drive and jkust jumping into the car i though the visibility was poor.

but then again when i had my old ma70 supra i thought visibility was poor in that also and was pleasently surprised with the visibility when i bought my r32.

don't get the wrong idea - i think the z32 is a great car: looks great, engine strong compared to most on the road, quick, good modification potential. just in this instance and i have personally seen the R33 that is being considered for change to a z32, the R33 is top quality and i wouldn't sell it for a TT Z32...

don't get me wrong... in fact i work with jedi-77 from your aus300zx forums and his car is in pristine shape, but even he has has serious issues with his car - head gasket issues, heater core issues.

Waz.

2. Visibility?? Are we not sports car enthuisiasts? I may be wrong but practicality and sports cars do not go well in the same sentence.

wouldn't you love a car that's fast, reliable, practical, looks good, fits 5 (uncomfortably), cheap, and has all the comforts as a 2004-spec car?? is that not what we all seek??

i rekon check out www.aus300zx.com

apparently the Z32 seems to have issues with fitting a FMIC with their twin-throttle setup as the whole induction setup stays separate for each bank of cylinders. if the temperature is not even across both sides of the system then it doesn;t run as smooth or something. i dunno check out their forum and see what those have said that fitted a FMIC.

i think the general consencus is to fit higher flowing small coolers in their standard lcoation rather than a big FMIC with 4 end tanks on the Z32

what about pick up the zed for 10k and then sell it for closer to 15k?? yeah that's a better idea - keep your car mate! or give it to seeona to drive :) !

I'd rather a zed than a wart on my dick thats for sure. Not surprised that analogy came from a Queenslander....lol

Give it to Seeona!!! (my girlfriend), come on Warren she has enough trouble keeping her Toyota Pasao in a straight line.

I like the buy for 10k and sell for 15k. Do you think a mint condition 1990 model (fairlady with 2 seats) would go for that???

:) @ Blitz

Yep nice Nick. Did yo think of all this yourself?

I am amazed you did not think to give it a broken oar.

Just line up your GTR's next track day and we will see how the boat goes.

Zeds can have issues thow as most are older than Skylines and more k's. They are a good thing when you get a good one but many are worn out.

Yep nice Nick.  Did yo think of all this yourself?

I am amazed you did not think to give it a broken oar.

Just line up your GTR's next track day and we will see how the boat goes.

Zeds can have issues thow as most are older than Skylines and more k's.  They are a good thing when you get a good one but many are worn out.

I put $100 on Boosted Zed to win.

Don't worry I'm a dude and I dunno whose account this is. LOL

Actually, put me down for this next track day. I'd like to see how my boat compares to these beastly and unbeatable skylines.

So let me get this straight, you are tossing up between buying a -

300ZX

rowboat.jpg

And a -

SKYLINE

wnos25tfront.jpg

:mad:

ahahahaha thats a good call man

i hear with the TT 300zx's, they have solonoid problems as they tend to melt or something. couple of people have told me that, but i dunno for sure. whatever u buy, just be careful i guess heh

I put $100 on Boosted Zed to win.

Don't worry I'm a dude and I dunno whose account this is. LOL

Actually, put me down for this next track day. I'd like to see how my boat compares to these beastly and unbeatable skylines.

ok we'll line you up against leewah down at calder: your zed with however many people pushing it as you like, and leewah with his 617awkw R33 GTR :mad: haha

remember guys we are on the same team here - all nissan owners and all fighting the common fight against stupid cops and stupid commonwhore owners!

I'm sure you know that 300ZX's have minimum engine bay space, and are prone to overheating quickly and someonetimes you've got to take the engine out to do work on it... go the Skyline much better :(