SAU Community

All day round winton for $20

shane_cummings

My old man wants to take his GTR down for the day... would that be okay and does he need a license? Also if i want to drive on the track...how old do u have to be?

Oh yeh, is there somewhere we have to register?

Hey guys, I don't think you can register. I've been twice and each time you just turn up and pay on the day. It's fairly busy for the first few rounds but everyone manages to get out on the track.

Believe it or not, by the end of the day there's no line! The one's I've been to have been in summer and the heat takes it's toll on cars and drivers.

You will need a helmet, long sleeve shirt and pants. Fire extinguishers are not needed in road registered cars. There's a bowser at the track that has optimax and the BP in Benalla has ultimate, the shell has optimax.

Normally pays to be there about 9am, Driver's breifing is usually at 10( not 100% sure).

Keep your eye on www.wintonraceway.com.au, it's listed on the callendar.

While I have everyone's attention I'm after a good digital photo of a series 3 skyline silhouette rear decal to make up a new one, can anyone help me out?

I'd be interested, but what are the insurance aspects for third party coverage and emergency vehicle attendance? Are there sup regs available?

Forgot to mention, no vehicle insurance. Someone hits you, you hit someone, it's a racing incident. I took my silvia K's out the first time and stressed, the brakes were terrible as well.

I have a stanza now, cheap, easy on parts and brakes twice as good (stripped out) and does it all day. And if I roll it I'm up for $100 for another one.

Looking forward to this... I need to buy a helmet!

Im there - Dutton on the following weekend at Winton so will need the practice!

Andrew, do u need a wingman for the Dutton rally? :) Let me know... sponsorship is a wonderful thing :P

Forgot to mention, no vehicle insurance. Someone hits you, you hit someone, it's a racing incident. I took my silvia K's out the first time and stressed, the brakes were terrible as well.

I have a stanza now, cheap, easy on parts and brakes twice as good (stripped out) and does it all day. And if I roll it I'm up for $100 for another one.

Only interested in 3rd party. If you injure or kill someone you don't want to pay for the rest of your life. Winton is AASA so cover should be about 20mill if this event is covered. Just the cost worries me being so low. You would be liable on a $50 bmx without event coverage.

• 1 month later...

Still looking after the crippled wife. She can't even get around on crutches so I have to push her in a computer chair (hey - it has wheels doesn't it?) so I won't make any guarantees I will make it.

From what I have heard of previous Winton Fun days you can get a similar effect by driving down your favorite twisty road during peak hour traffic :cool:

I would save the trip for a sprint, preferably soon while the V8 Supercar rubber is still fresh!

(Good for learning the racing line too :P )

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• A big issue with these is, unlike the R200, diffs are super expensive. The Blacklines are about €800, Quaife is €1,300-1,500 and any clutch LSD is the best part of €2,000. Have a look on some of the BMW forums, the Blackline has really good reviews for track use - I’m sure not if you’re subjecting it to extreme high performance - but it’s enough for me to go for it. 
    • Hi mate! yeah as far as I can remember u need to rotate the motor in the correct position and then mount the arms (linkage). the motor always does the same movement.  u need to think yourself into and try it a couple times. i think my mounting position was was 90 degrees horizontally pointed to the right side if you are looking at it from the front of your car but not sure anymore   best way to double check it is do draw the motion on a sheet of paper and connect the motor to really see how it moves
    • Hi mate, did you work this out? I have the same issue with my 32!  Cheers
    • I currently have someone who is interested in buying the rear set, plus he has asked me to quote him on an equivalent front set, new of course.   I'll post up what a new set would cost and you can make a decision then. I noted a bit of discussion on spring rates versus swaybar rates, Duncan has explained my approach very well.  What I would add is that if you have high spring rates then it is a PIA to change them if you want to, say, do a track day.  Whereas with adj swaybars it's a much easier task. Plus if you find that there is an imbalance in the handling (oversteer vs understeer preference for you) it is relatively easy to change the balance with adj of the swaybars, again much more difficult with springs.  On the race cars we don't change spring rates all that often, we do however change damper rates frequently, high speed vs low speed bump and rebound independently.  A tuning task not for the inexperienced, driver or engineer.  Driver adj swaybars are adj frequently, several times in 20 minute race is not unusual.   Cheers Gary
    • Yes. The difference between a $1k centre and a $2k centre is not worth it when the whole exercise will cost double that anyway.