SAU Community

Microfiber Towels

kylieyeah

Hi guys,

Just wondering about cheapest place to purchase microfiber towels in bulk (10 pack or so)?

I have found lots of places on ebay, but are you guys able to tell me if they are actually microfiber?

And are they any good?

Otherwise, where could you recommend going for cheap bulk buy of microfiber towels?

Thank You :)

Supercheap auto has bulk packs , orange larger size microfiber towels think it was 20 or 30 fpr 39 bucks when they go onsale , many years now and a few more packs and they still rock

Just never put fabric softener or similar when yoi wash them or they streak like a bugger

I would suggest www.waxit.com.au

They have a great product range and highly recommend their service :)

You don't want to get a poor quality towel or you will find that it may scratch and they will "fill up" too quick.

Cheers,

Matt

Also handy they are a SAU Trader, and look after SAU people pretty damn well :thumbsup:

Got some from Kmart, mixed size bag of about 20 for $10, 5 had velcro tabs on them for puting them on a towel rack but the others were fine, size ranged from 200 x 200 to 400 x x400.

The kids got me a name brand one for fathers day which most likely cost more than the pack did but was no better quality, a few even looked exactley the same.

There was even one with micro fibre on one side and a plastic like super soft scourer on the other which is great for getting the brake dust and road grime of rims without scratching.

+1 for not using fabric softener, I needed to wash mine a couple of times using a heap of detergent and hot water to get them working good again after I used some fabric softener thinking it would be good..

came across this yesterday, thought this might be useful for some;

20pk 40x40cm microfiber towels - $9.95

post-55803-0-72948900-1354232860_thumb.jpg

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/86308

direct link - http://catalogues.re...ource=catalogue

the main difference between the cheaper towels and the more expensive ones like aquatouch (made in korea rather than china) is the cloths are alot thicker - i'd say 2-3 times as thick as the ones you see for sale for around $1/cloth

the pile (little strand thingos on the cloth) is longer and thicker meaning there is lesser chance of any contaminates that are picked up during a wipe-off/on stage - they are also more absorbent than the cheaper options meaning you won't have to go through so many towels

for those looking at the premium options Waxit.com.au (SAU sponsor) do a great pack for around $150 - this includes everything you'd need including wash mitts, applicator pads, drying towels, and a large assortment of cloths for buffing;

Aquatouch Ultimate Microfiber Kit - $150

post-55803-0-77895000-1354232865.txt

http://www.waxit.com...uemart&Itemid=1

2x Aquatouch Ultra Microfibre Wash Mitt

2x Aquatouch Microfibre Glass Cloth

1x Aquatouch Ultra Microfibre Drying Towel 60x90cm

1x Aquatouch Ultra Microfibre Chamois 60x80cm

1x Aquatouch Microfibre Waffle Weave Drying Towel Blue 60x90cm

3x Aquatouch Ultra Microfibre Ultra Soft Grey Cloth 40x40cm

2x Aquatouch Ultra Microfibre Super Soft Purple Cloth 40x40cm

1x Aquatouch Ultra Microfibre Suede Cloth 40x40cm

2x Aquatouch Microfibre Edgeless Polish Cloth Blue 40x40cm

3x Aquatouch Microfibre Edgeless Wax Cloth Green 40x40cm

1x Aquatouch Microfibre General Purpose Blue Cloth 40x40cm

1x Aquatouch Microfibre General Purpose Yellow Cloth 40x40cm

1x Aquatouch Microfibre General Purpose Green Cloth 40x40cm

1x Aquatouch Microfibre General Purpose Red Cloth 40x40cm

2x Aquatouch Microfibre Block Applicators Blue

2x Aquatouch Microfibre Applicator Blue

2x Aquatouch Microfibre Suede Applicator Blue

1x Aquatouch Microfibre Hand Pocket Applicator Blue

1x Aquatouch Microfibre Hand Pocket Applicator Yellow

1x Microwash 473m

Edited by squareznboxez

• 5 weeks later...

I had a shop around and saw bunnings to be the cheapest.

Supercheapauto had a pack of 25 for $47

Bunnings had 1kg (18 x 40cmx30cm) for $9.98

I used the bunnings ones on my car and seemed to do a very good job. However took about 5 towels to polish, cut and wax.

The more expensive ones may last longer.

• 2 months later...

Another +1 for Costco towels - they seem to be very good quality for the price.

But, if you can spend a bit more, Aquatouch, Autoglym and Meguiars cloths are better. I have several of each and they have all lasted through a lot of abuse and washing...

Don't buy cheap nasty microfibre a they tend to drop the little fibres which are near impossible to pick up and will show up on dark paint and glass

• 2 weeks later...

Supercheap auto has bulk packs , orange larger size microfiber towels think it was 20 or 30 fpr 39 bucks when they go onsale , many years now and a few more packs and they still rock

Just never put fabric softener or similar when yoi wash them or they streak like a bugger

bull...little bit of fabric softenre and a hot cotton wash does wonders..if its streaking you're probably putting too much in