SAU Community

Antz 1994 R32 Gtr Project & Restoration

Ants

• 4 weeks later...

How's the hunt on a shell going ?

came to Dead halt

Considering just fixing mine ftm

For the price that R32 GTR shells go for I could by an entire road worthy R33 GTR.

Insane prices

Plus car is currently with tuna

Getting a few little things done

Hopefully can reveal that this week

You can pick up a 33R for 6k!?

probably referring to getting a 32R shell then paying the $ to get it up to scratch etc, would cost the same as getting a 33R?

I'm going to weigh in my 2c here. Regardless of subjective aspects like looks, the 33 is a better car. Wouldn't be a bad move if someone was so inclined.

Fix the chassis, Ants! :)

• Like 1

You can pick up a 33R for 6k!?

no. but can pick one up for $15k

Good condition R32 shells I've seen are commanding $9k+ - ridiculous plus thats an 89 model :blink:

probably referring to getting a 32R shell then paying the $ to get it up to scratch etc, would cost the same as getting a 33R?

I'm going to weigh in my 2c here. Regardless of subjective aspects like looks, the 33 is a better car. Wouldn't be a bad move if someone was so inclined.

Fix the chassis, Ants! :)

yeah mate, I do like the 33 but they are big bulky SOB's

I've worked out that my car is a perfect test bed for body repairs that I will undertake myself.

If I f**k it put well at least I will have learned something plus I can just transfer into something else like an R33 roller for example (although not my first choice)

I really do need to drive to yours and show you why 33's are better than 32.

:P

well then.....I shall await to be graced with your presence and that whale thing you call a GTR :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice thread, read it in its entirety over the past week :w00t:

Definitely fix your shell. Fix shell, acquire dem mad bodywork skillz, acquire bishes :ph34r:
Seriously, given the amount of effort you've put into all the little things, surely it's worth the big effort to stick with what you've got :miner:
Looking forward to updates :yes:

Nice thread, read it in its entirety over the past week :w00t:

Definitely fix your shell. Fix shell, acquire dem mad bodywork skillz, acquire bishes :ph34r:

Seriously, given the amount of effort you've put into all the little things, surely it's worth the big effort to stick with what you've got :miner:

Looking forward to updates :yes:

thanks dude. am in two minds right now. Sell it and start new project or keep it and fix it

Strip it down and put it on a rotisserie and fix her up properly

yeah, thats an idea too. but will take an epic long time