SAU Community

Help me remove standard intercooler from r32 gts-t.

Can anyone please give me some advice on how to remove the standard RB20DET intercooler (i have an R32 GTS-T). Any advice, tips or personal experience is appreciated.

Regards

Why would you want to remove the headlights? I've removed the front bumper/bar on both R32 and R33's without such hassles... a couple of clips, a few bolts, easy... Intercooler as already stated is also just a few bolts and hose clamps to undo and thats it for that too.

ok the previous posts have been pretty sketchy so here's a (hopefully better) review of what i did:

1) remove front bar: this requires the removal of the indicators and about 8 screws around the place. comes off easily and takes 10min MAX

2) remove guard behind intercooler. again not many screws but beware of dirt lodged that falls when this is removed as it can get in your eyes

3) you can now see the intercooler quite easily. there are a couple of screws in brackets on either side from memory. unscrew the screws and it should be movable now

4) loosten the clamps holding the hoses to and from the intercooler. It is going to be a BITCH to get the cooler hoses off the end tanks but keep pulling and eventually they will come out.

5) while its out give it a clean inside and out

hope that helps a bit more!

cheers,

Waz.