SAU Community

How Can I Improve My 0-100 Time?

Hi Guys

Looking for the best ways at increasing my 0-100km/h time.

I've timed myself and I currently run a 6.9seconds. Still way above the quoted figure of 6.18seconds for a stock r33 gtst. Why am I so far away?

Mods I have

- Splitfires

- 3inch front pipe , 3inch catback (3inch straight through)

- GTR cat

- Pod filter

- Blitz turnflow intercooler

- Pedders coilovers

- electronic Boost controller

- boost set @ 12.5psi

Also done my 100 000km service to freshen the engine up(all new fluids - brake , diff , engine , tranny etc). Also all new hoses, water pump etc... so engine should be fairly fresh.

Transmission is automatic

Car is currently on 128 000km

Ive noticed that the car takes a while from standing still to reach 30km/h , once its there 30 - 100km/h comes quite fast. Its at the start that I lose most of my time.

Im assuming having an automatic transmission plays a big role in my dreadful time.

How can I improve my 0-100 time?

who quoted 6.18 seconds? and was that specifically for an auto?

in the r33's day the difference between auto and manual times were quite substantial. 6.18 seconds, to me, sounds a bit ambitious for an auto. for a stock manual in good order i would think 6.18 would be about right.

get better tyres, ditch the coil overs for standard springs (softer suspension gives better weight transfer/grip). also "load" the car up. left foot on the brake, right foot on the gas (not floored, but enough to get a little bit of boost building) and then take your foot off the brake and floor it.

oh and get a manual.

who quoted 6.18 seconds? and was that specifically for an auto?

in the r33's day the difference between auto and manual times were quite substantial. 6.18 seconds, to me, sounds a bit ambitious for an auto. for a stock manual in good order i would think 6.18 would be about right.

the 6.18 is for a manual but almost a second difference between that and the auto?damn thats alot

get better tyres, ditch the coil overs for standard springs (softer suspension gives better weight transfer/grip). also "load" the car up. left foot on the brake, right foot on the gas (not floored, but enough to get a little bit of boost building) and then take your foot off the brake and floor it.

oh and get a manual.

getting a manual is out of the question as its my daily and i like to keep it as a comfy daily driver.

I currently run Kumho KU31'S on all 4's , done about 3000km on them.

I do load the car up ( figured this myself as i realised i can build boost while stationary). My 6.9 is with loading the car .

OP: I'm assuming this is on a drag strip???

ummm...yes...a dragstrip. thats exactly where it was :)

I guess my next question is .... would a shift kit & high stall net me another second? How about a tune to 200rwkw? Really trying to get into the 5 second range.

Edited by tripsteady

the 6.18 is for a manual but almost a second difference between that and the auto?damn thats alot

getting a manual is out of the question as its my daily and i like to keep it as a comfy daily driver.

yup the slushbox would add a second to the time easy. dont forget you've lost a whole gear ratio, meaning the auto's ratios are longer to compensate.

have you even driven a manual? theres a lot of people on here (including myself) who happily daily their manual skylines. just dont put a hell aggressive clutch in it.

Edited by Spurdo

yup the slushbox would add a second to the time easy. dont forget you've lost a whole gear ratio, meaning the auto's ratios are longer to compensate.

have you even driven a manual? theres a lot of people on here (including myself) who happily daily their manual skylines. just dont put a hell aggressive clutch in it.

I have , playing with the clutch in sydney traffic for a year and dont ever want a manual as a daily again. The 33 isnt really a performance car anyway , just a comfortable good looking daily , but i was sure Id be at least near a stock r33 manuals time after all the mods and pushing 12 psi through , but im still quite far away.very disappointing time.

I've told you before to start topics in the correct sections.

From now on, if you won't take the 5 seconds to go to the right area, I'll just lock your threads. It is a waste of Admin's time to keep moving your threads every week.

There is a DEDICATED area for Drag racing, so use it.