SAU Community

For Those Running Nismo Coppermix Twin.....

So I've recently had my Nismo Coppermix Twin plate installed in the GTR and I'd read so much about them being very drivable and stock like.

Now I've only driven maybe 50kms so may be too early and may need bedding in, but immediate impressions are that it is very... very light. Doesn't feel like it will hold power, almost feel like I need to take the booster off to get more feel. But it's very quiet and seems very strong. It's very quiet in neutral or with clutch dissengaged.

Now my question is for those who run one, is it normal for it to cause some driveline judder on gradual take up? My searches are suggesting no, however I have read that this is commonplace on twins. I can drive around it of course by taking it up with more revs, but wondering if I should be looking into replacing gearbox or engine mounts or if this may be considered normal. My old Clutch had a very slight judder only when cold.

What do you think?.

That's what makes the Nismo Coppermix so driveable. It's not filthy heavy like a OS twin plate for example which over time is like kicking a bag of sand over and over.

The first 500-1,000kms it will be a little bitey, it will settle down though. So give it a little while before worrying about minor shudder.

it says that these clutches make noise and vibrations

Yeah just so that when it does make the slightest noise (and it literally is non-existent) - people dont come back and complain.

As the plates get lower/wear they will get noisier, just how it goes.

My only complaints are it's a bit rattly on idle in neutral (clutch out) because of the flywheel, and slips a bit when cold, aside from that it's brilliant, very light to use and bites hard on high RPM take-offs...

Edited by Iron Chef

I've got one and I could not fault it in any way. When it was installed it was very 'bitey' (probably me just getting used to a twin) but I did get it adjusted (dunno what was done) and it was so much easier to use. No noises what so ever. Not heavy. Very user friendly. No driveline shudder under any circumstances.

Have only launched in 2WD mode but it was a 2nd gear start from standstill. No dramas and was really easy to modulate.

Ace clutch. Should be for the money.

Ive got the Coppermix Twin C-spec in mine and have nothing but praise for it. By far the easiest twin plate I have ever driven and at the same time has a real good bite to it. A few of the guys have mentioned noise issues - you can hear it on the odd occassion in neutral however its pretty subtle and honestly nothing to lose sleep over.

Give it about 500km or so of driving (start/stop as opposed to highway kms) before you give it a launch, I guarantee you it will definately "hold the power" ;)