SAU Community

Ac Compressor Recondition/replace Gtr R32

paulyp

Hi,

My ac compressor is leaking all over the place and was wondering if anyone knows of a place in Sydney where I could get it repaired?

I live in the eastern suburbs and everyone I have taken the compressor to has told me that they are unable to obtain parts to recondition it.

The altenative is for me to buy a new one on RHD for over $1100 but am really hoping for a cheaper alternative.

If anyone has any recommendation or advice it would be greaty appreciated.

Thanks

No guarantees but the only guy I know who may be able to help you is Terry Bebbington who owns Bebco Automotive at Auburn. I know it's not close but at least you may have a chance. This guy knows his stuff and is extremely respected within the Holden fraternity.

Ring him on 02 9644 2888...... Tell him that "Bob F" With the R32 GTR's told you to ring him. He may even be able to rebuild yours if another is not available.

Let me know how you get on. Cheers..... Bob.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bob,

I called Terry and he was unable to help me out so I ended up buying it from RHD, I ended up costing me about $1250 with delivery.

Here is the link if any one is after a brand new compressor for their GTR R32.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/nissan-oem-ac-compressor-05u14-bnr32-skyline-gt-r-60748

It will save you about $800 from going through the local dealership.

Also when you get your compressor don't forget to take it to your air con guy to change the oil because my one came with oil for R12 gas??

You want them to change it to R134a compatible oil.

It will save you the nightmare I had after already put it on the car only to take it off again.

Cheers

• 2 years later...

Hi All,

Just an update on the brand new AC compressor I bought over 2 years ago from RHD.

I had it professionally fitted and after running it for just over a year in the car it has failed internally.

I am getting it checked this week to see exactly what had failed but I can tell you it has seized!

It was a genuine OEM replacement Valeo brand. Looks like Nissan dont supply Zexel any longer.

If anyone has an alternative reliable compressor which can be fitted to the Nissan GTR R32 please let me know.

I have heared that some Infinity, GTR 33 & GTR 34 compressors may be adaptable but I have not seen any fitted.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update, mine is still working fine thankfully, but your experience would certainly make me think twice about buying a new one of i needed it!

Hi All,

Just an update on the brand new AC compressor I bought over 2 years ago from RHD.

I had it professionally fitted and after running it for just over a year in the car it has failed internally.

I am getting it checked this week to see exactly what had failed but I can tell you it has seized!

It was a genuine OEM replacement Valeo brand. Looks like Nissan dont supply Zexel any longer.

If anyone has an alternative reliable compressor which can be fitted to the Nissan GTR R32 please let me know.

I have heared that some Infinity, GTR 33 & GTR 34 compressors may be adaptable but I have not seen any fitted.

Thanks!

update?

Also, what type of oil and how much did they use?

Can greatly affect the life of the compressor.

Hey all, can someone help me out with this please?

My air con in my R32 GTR runs cold for 2-3 seconds and then just blows normal air. The ac unit that sits near the passenger side is very loud when i turn it on.

Is this normal? (First time owner of early model cars)

OR do i also need a rebuild/replacement of the compressor?

Edited by GTRR

Barden Ridge auto electrics

he flushed the system and checked all the electrics

he does allot of work for NSW cops so can definitely trust dropping your ride off there

​got a recoed compressor and condenser

guy always seems to be flat out though

like the saying goes cheap fast or good pick 2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...