SAU Community

The Ins And Outs Of Real Id1000 Vs Copies And The False Claims Of Said Copycats

STATUS

i tune a plethora of both generic and genuine ID injectors (i just tune what's installed) so im on the sidelines but none the less its a very interesting read.

http://www.injectordynamics.com/size14.html

http://www.injectordynamics.com/BullshitEpidemic.html

DOnt get me worng this is not a dig at the generic stuff (just bought a set myself) but dont be fooled by the data supplied by some of the secondary manufacturers.... ie.. ASNU and FIC

Lol. Artz sending you messages too Trent? :)

As far as I can tell, all the Bosch ev14 injectors are the same, some are just flow tested. They all seem to machine the small orifice's away to allow more flow from the single jet behind it. How it's machined wouldn't matter much imo.

i just found the maths interesting, we tune alot of fords and holdens and the math is paramount to good results... interesting to see ASNU / FIC making up bullshit data which would be a pain to tune with.

Some high speed photos/video of the spray patterns and droplet size between a few injector styles would be interesting to see though, if the test was done properly (same pressure/frequency etc.)

I want to see what the 1000cc ev14's look like at 80psi and 1500cc flow, without looking inside the runners at full noise. :)

i just found the maths interesting, we tune alot of fords and holdens and the math is paramount to good results... interesting to see ASNU / FIC making up bullshit data which would be a pain to tune with.

i reckon....the only thing worse than having no data at all, would be having misleading data that you paid for ..

Some high speed photos/video of the spray patterns and droplet size between a few injector styles would be interesting to see though, if the test was done properly (same pressure/frequency etc.)

I want to see what the 1000cc ev14's look like at 80psi and 1500cc flow, without looking inside the runners at full noise. :)

ID1000's are Bosche EV14's modified by Injector dynamics and matched. they pick the best of the bunch, match them then machine new nozzles. This came from the horses mouth. Tuners Ive spoken with suggest there really hasnt been much difference between them on builds they have back to back tested with. However if the spray pattern is better on the modified nozzle id suggest the ID's would be a bit more Efficient.

ID1000's are Bosche EV14's modified by Injector dynamics and matched. they pick the best of the bunch, match them then machine new nozzles. This came from the horses mouth. Tuners Ive spoken with suggest there really hasnt been much difference between them on builds they have back to back tested with. However if the spray pattern is better on the modified nozzle id suggest the ID's would be a bit more Efficient.

No point matching them, then machining, the flow would change after machining.

I have seen the machining done, on the lathe with a carbide bit at the Melbourne Xspurt wholesalers. All they do is cut the tip off, no rocket science involved.

No point matching them, then machining, the flow would change after machining.

I have seen the machining done, on the lathe with a carbide bit at the Melbourne Xspurt wholesalers. All they do is cut the tip off, no rocket science involved.

id be interested to see doing that modification alone, how much flow & efficiency is affected.

• 2 months later...