SAU Community

Need Serious Help Noone Seems To Know Answer

Nige1

Ok car was goin perfect but yesterday morning it suddenly had like no power when i accelerated, it would do the turbo wind up and all but just no power, later the car went weird wouldnt rev past 3.5 rpm, smoke coming out exhaust, hunting idle, misfiring. I replaced spark plugs, tested coils (splitfires), check aac valve, check for vacuum leaks checked maf, checked intercooler.. Things done before prob i adjusted boost and put 20 dollars prem fuel in car.... Please help im seriously stumped car has fc commander, splitfire coils, stock bov, pod filter etc. 1994 r33 manuel

Edited by Nige1

I'm having the same sort of problem, car won't idle, misfires, heaps of black smoke. I haven't even tried to drive it, won't hold revs. The day before i took the coil packs out and taped them up, to fix a miss at boost, which it did fix. gave it a bit of a hiding and the next day it wouldn't run. just put a brand new set of yellow jackets in there, changed plugged, can't find any cooler leaks or vaccuum leaks. cleaned the maf

just about ready to try get it towed to a mechanic

I know what you mean, mine drives rough when it hits 3.5 rpm it starts misfiring hard and revving out and the idles fine until i rev it then it goes to stall but regains it self idles shit for a few seconds thn kinda goes bak to alright but not fully

have you checked it....im assuming a Z32? from what your saying it seems like it could be playing up causing your car to over fuel (at a guess). Start there! try cleaning it. Try disconnecting it when the car is idling there will be tell tale signs. If you have a spare or know someone try replacing it...

Me and mate have narrowed it to either afm, bad petrol or the fc commander.... Does this sound possible??

my guess is AFM sending incorrect voltages to the ECU causing the car to over fuel/under fuel! i have had similar issues with a Z32 in the past (or AFM in general)

Edited by Frosty

you sure you havnt got a vacumn leak? Ive found with mine that raising the boost is blowing out the intake manifold gasket, when that happens its either too lean or too rich, runs rough

Well just call CRD or somewhere similar and ask for advice on the phone? Seriously you could be at this for months before you find the actual issue.

I put boost down to low after tht but prob still there

get a can of wd or crc and put the straw tip on, then try spraying round the intake manifold gaskets and bov while its running

if it starts reacting then its confirmed, and check the clamps are tight

Edited by AngryRBGTX