SAU Community

Splitfire D Spark Max

I was going to get a HKS twin power unit and replace the stock coil pack loom because it's looking pretty shitty!

But I just seen this on nengun!!

Has any one had any experience with one of these new splitfire D spark max units??

I'm keen to hear about them because they come with a loom to replace the stock coil pack loom as well!!

I have split fire coil packs and don't have any problems yet! But I'm aiming for about 650HP on E85 and want to make sure I don't run into any problems!!

• 7 months later...

I'm making 410kw with splitfires and 25psi boost and I've had to gap my plugs down to .65mm

I'm thinking of getting either one of these to increase spark/spark plug gap:

Splitfire Dspark max

Okada projects plasma booster

Or try the Do-Luck enhanced ignition harness which requires a 12v direct battery source from the battery/earth strap

Anyone used any of these? Results?

The splitfire unit requires a vehicle specific harness which costs extra (about $450 for unit and $150 for harness)

The okada plasma booster is about $400 plus divert from the states, both these units claim up to 5 times stronger spark

The do luck harness is about $250, good for replacing your stock old crispy ignition harness, dunno if it would work or give a better spark though...

Edited by SiR_RB

I'm interested to see what you come up with, as I may go down a similar path.

My Splitfires are now around 8 years old and it's starting to miss on high boost (only around 280rwkw).

Does anyone know how much life you can expect to get from Splitfires?

Yeh my splitfires came with the car so they atleast 3-4years old

I'm negotiating on a brand new HKS twin power dli for cheap

Otherwise il be getting the okada projects plasma booster, $400ish plus delivery from US

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Yay. I'm the lucky one who got the bad LCD. Only 138,000km or so on this car.  🙄 On a non-Nissan car I have, similar issues were related to failing cold solder joints. At least with the Stag, I'm not losing my speedometer, odometer, gas gauge, and temp gauge. I guess I get to go into the dash at some point. I'm not overly concerned about it, but it's annoying. Seems to be happening more frequently in the past couple weeks too. Not sure if that's the summer heat causing hassles or the problem genuinely getting worse. Bleh.
    • Hi mate, I have never had an issue with the odometer in mine (450,000+ klm now) and can't remember another post about it. Still, your description of the likely cause sounds spot on, so an electrics repair is probably the next stop.
    • Cheers. I more want it quieter with the varex open. I only have the varex closed when i start up and roll out the driveway to keep everyone happy on days i take the car to work at 5 AM or come home late. So just a mod muffler will do tge trick? Something like that would require a retune hey?
    • I was going to say generally speaking if it's like 80k+ miles since the valve cover has been replaced you don't even attempt to just replace the gasket. The valve cover itself will likely be warped and it will continue to leak after replacement, just not as severely. The valve cover PCV diaphragm can also tear and create a major vacuum leak. Welcome to BMW life. My friend's 2006 330i was t-boned and totaled out so he also just got a 335i so I can add to this thread now.
    • Hi all, For my '98 260rs... The odometer LCD occasionally turns blank or gives me only the bottom half or top half of the numbers. It's intermittent, which leaves me to believe it's a dead solder or loose wire somewhere. The odometer itself works. When the screen comes back, kms have been added to the trip and overall meters. A couple questions: Is this a known issue with the Stagea? I didn't see it pop up in my quick search, but that could be my searching skills. How accessible is the LCD screen in the cluster? I'm hoping it's a remove and replace type situation versus cracking open the whole housing. I'm hoping you all can narrow some of my initial troubleshooting. Any experience or opinions would be helpful.