SAU Community

Highest Safe Boost For My Stock Rb26?

Hey guys how high can I put the boost on my 32 Gtr it's mainly stock just bigger intercooler and cat back exhaust it's at 8 psi ATM which I take is stock? Just want an idea if I can safely boost it more than that cheers

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to driver's side strut tower, locate the boost solenoid (small tube looking thing), pull the whose off with a white band on it, squish it, it should feel hard (piece of plastic in there), cut that bit off (so you remove the white band/plastic restricter thing), put the hose back on, enjoy 12psi.

Without knowing the condition of the 20 year old standard turbos, I wouldn't suggest anything over 12 psi unless you WANT to blow the turbos. Keep it sensible until you are ready to upgrade them.

Stock boost for the R32 GTR is around 0.7 Bar = 10.9 Psi.

Well that's what mine ran at.

If you don't know the condition of the stock turbos don't run anything above 0.8 Bar = 12 Psi.

thanks mate only one who gave me a straight answer haha cheers

thanks mate only one who gave me a straight answer haha cheers

:)

​Just in regards to your bigger front mount intercooler, you were better off spending the money on Down and Front Pipes with a High Flow Cat.

Giving your GTR a full exhaust upgrade will benefit you more at this stage, if you just want to keep it stock-ish...

Stock GTR front mount intercooler can handle 300+ kW's.

But anyway, all for the better in the long run.

Sorry to butt in. On the subject of stock engine and boost, I'm running a very healthy R33 Rb in my 32-r and I'll upgrade to N1 steal wheels with ceramic coatING on the hot side, what's a good boost for me while still being on the safe side?

Sent from my SC-03D

What N1 turbos you getting?

From memory they came from factory running about 1 Bar = 14.7 Psi.

(R32 GTR Nismo & N1 / R33 GTR N1 / R34 GTR V-Spec N1 & V-Spec II N1 / V-Spec II Nur / M-Spec Nur)

You could run a tad higher 1.1 Bar = 15.9 Psi / 1.2 Bar = 17.4 Psi.