SAU Community

Wheel/rim Cleaner

You're painting with a pretty broad brush saying "spray on products do not clean heavy brake dust" the one that I named, does exactly that!

Also I don't reckon washing wheels with a sponge is the way to go at all.

My wheels sometimes have little bits of tar or tiny bits of gravel stuck on them; if you wash the wheels with a sponge, the contaminants break away and get stuck on the sponge,

Then you end up with nice scratches on your polished or painted wheels.

Wheel brushes do a much better job.

ok so just give Wheely Clean a go ...

I tried on a mates VX commodore with very dirty wheels ,i let it sit and not alot happened after i hosed it... So I did have to use a brush to agitate it to get it to work properly...but with little agitation it foams up heaps and It did a great job. The wheels were almost spotless after 1 quick scrub...

Tried it on my Honda wheels which of course are more looked after, but still havent been washed for quite a while and were very dusty...Practically spotless after 1 application..very pleased..

You need to buy it in bulk to be cost effective so I will be buying a larger bottle of this stuff for sure....I hate hand washing wheels :D

• 3 weeks later...

Tried two Autobarn stores nearby looking for Wheely Clean - not in stock at either. Didn't want to wait another week for the order, so tried a bottle of Sonax wheel cleaner instead, similar "bleeding" effect and destroyed the heavy brake dust on my V35 wheels in no time...

IMG_20130421_164619.jpg

I'll still keep looking for Wheely Clean but the Sonax stuff is pretty awesome. They are also supposed to have a really good quick detailer but forget finding it in Aus at this stage

quick vid here: