SAU Community

What Now

Hey everyone,

It seems a few of the manifold studs have snapped, as theres is a really loud exhaust leak from the engine bay, So i've decived i'll take it in and get a few other things replaced/fixed at the same time

exhaust manifold

rocker cover gaskets

possibly rear wheel bearings

I'm just wondering if theres anything else i should look at having done while the exhaust manifold gets done, cause i'm guessing the turbo and everything will have to come out? good time for a turbo upgrade?

If you do a turbo upgrade you will need a tune to go with it as well as, z32 afm, injectors, fuel pump, fmic etc to take full advantage of the new setup. Then you might also need a decent clutch to hold the power as you can see it kind of snow balls.

If you are staying with the same turbo you could to the turbo to manifold gasket and the dump pipe gasket just incase that's about to let go.

Sorry, i should of listed the modifications,

Apexi ecu

Front mount intercooler

Sard fuel pressure regulator

Walbro 550 fuel pump

Blitz Electronic boost controller

H&R coil overs

An aftermarket clutch has also been fitting by the previous owner, i'm not sure what type. It does feel pretty tight and firm though.

What do you think i should do from here? Z32 and new injectors?

Honestly looks like you are pretty well setup. Id go turbo, injectors, z32 afm and a retune. No point going z32 and new injectors when the turbo would max out around the 200-220ish mark.

Thanks,

I don't really know anything about injectors, what size would you recommend? Or is it dependant on the size of the turbo? I'm not after that much more power, i still want the car to be reliable, well, as reliable as a skyline can be.

Any turbos/injectors you'd recommend looking at? Or informative threads.

Edit:

Does anyone know much about the Hypergear hiflow exhausts?

Edited by zacariah

I can't high flow your exhaust. But yes can certainly high flow the factory turbocharger.

For starter you can run standard or SS2.5 or G3.5 high flow depending on HP and budget you are going for.

I can do a special bundle deal with adaptronic plug in ecu also. It have a built in map sensor so no need for afm. If you are not looking for any thing above 230rwkws then ask Toshi to remap your stock ecu and run factory AFM.

injector wise, stock injectors are ok for up to 230rwkws. ID1000s are nice, Unfortunately they are not drop ins for R33s, I personally run Power enterprise 850ccs, or Jpec 650s are also ok.

Haha sorry, I did mean turbo.

I have an Apexi power fc ecu, and there are a couple of tuners around Perth that tune them, So i'd stick with that, So i guess i'd need a Z32

What would the 650cc injectors be good to?

Also, what about dump pipes and that sort of thing?

best thing i can suggest to you before you go buying parts willy nilly! work out what you want to achieve with the car.....power? what are you using it for? etc etc

then you can work towards that and buy parts to meet your goal :)

There is no E85 in WA yet. So 650cc will do fine for 300rwkws+ on 98. PFC is fine. If the car needs to appear stockish then high flowing factory turbo is preferred. and it can support towards the 270rwkws mark.

Stock AFM is ok for upto 250rwkws mark. Z32 AFM for any thing above.

What would i need to do to get around 280-300rwkw

z32

650cc injectors

low mount manifold with an external wastegate

turbo?

What turbo should i be looking at for that?

What would i need to do to get around 280-300rwkw

z32

650cc injectors

low mount manifold with an external wastegate

turbo?

What turbo should i be looking at for that?

Get hypergear to rebuild yours

Yuh, you want the big 0.82 PU R33 highflow jobby, or whatever the current variation that Stao reckons is the duck's nuts.

But you won't get towards 300 rwkW on that highflow. You'll most likely be at the 280 rwkW end of the range. If you really want to go for 300, then you'd be better off getting one of his ATR turbos. But even then you're working at the upper limit of what the stock manifold is good for anyway. Just go with the highflow.

I'm not sure what sort of power my is currently making, but i guess it's probably a bit under 200rwkw?

So i think i'd be pretty happy with 280rwkw.

If i went with the PU 0.82 hiflowed turbo, new injectors, z32 and a tune. it would be good for around 280rwkw?

Later on down the track if i wanted more, would i be able to just change the manifold and get an ext wastegate, right?

Thats on right track. I'm making 286rwkws on a high flowed PU turbo. Per HG's thread it is the new g3 turbo in Hatachi compressor housing, it would capable of doing 350rwkws with E86, 6 boost and external gate.

What mods have you done to your car george?

high flowed turbo

Cheap ebay cooler kit.

650cc injectors

Z32 AFM

Nistune ecu

3inch turbo back exhaust (Kakimoto ?)

Split fire coil packs

3inch metal intake pipe

040 fuel pump

Turbosmart Manual boost controller.

and that was it. Unfortunately ID 1000 wasn't available when I got mine. Get ID1000 injectors and run it on E85.