SAU Community

Camshaft instalation probs! HELP!

I was just looking at Tomei's site and saw that they have all their cam specs listed and alongside each cam it has "adjustable sprocket starting angle" listed. Am I correct in assuming that you 'need' to have adjustable cam gears to use their cams? If so, this would point out the problem that Bbenny and I had.

-Matt

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i finally got my painted rocker covers back last night and reinstalled the std cams with adj pulleys and damn its good to have my baby back again!

the adj pulleys make a big difference, havent had it on the dyno yet, but seat of the pants change is noticable.

it also makes an extra 3psi of boost and seems like throttle response is much better.

hope to have it on the dyno and a tuned chip installed by next week. ill let you all know how it goes.

check out the cover colour... what you think?

Camcover1.jpg

Camcover2.jpg

Im just wondering if anyone has thought about the type of cams that they are getting. I have R32 GTR cams and R33 GTR Vspec cams and the lobes are different on the Vspec exhaust. Looks to be advanced a few degrees unless im a retard and reading them wrong. Also, with the AFM reading more air due to the duration of intake, the ECU would be reading it at alot higher load than what its actually at and therefore running out of the fuel/timing map sooner. Am i thinking this correctly? So why not expand the maps to read higher boost or scale down the AFM to read the "adjusted" load?

I was just wondering if anyone thought about the type of cams that they were using. I have R32 GTR and R33 GTR Vspec cams and the lobes on the exhaust Vspec are advanced a few degrees. Thats if im looking at it correctly and not thinking like a complete retard(No pun intended). Also, it seems like with the higher lift on intake its maxing out the afm quicker and therefore mis-representing the load percentage to the ECU. Am i thinking about that correctly? So, would a fix for that be to expand the stock fuel/ignition maps or even scale down the stock AFM?

Cams and cam gears are in... only thing is i need someone i Melb that has a blown RB20 that i can steal some parts off.

I need the cap for cylinder no.6 on the inlet cam...as one of the stud has siezed in the aluminium cap, i was lucky to get it unbolted from the head without snapping or seizing... :Oops:

Anyone in Melb able to help me out, or know of a friend/workshop that can help me without woth one (will need thw two stude that go with it as well.

My Mobile is 0408 409 068