SAU Community

Rb 25 Turbo Choices

Artz I totally get that but still want to have a set up if I do make the 1/4 mile.

Put it this way I have a 33 gtr with -5s and I found them to work well!!

T67 or 3076 will get you into 11s fairly easily

Tdo6 or 3071 should get you into 12s fairly easily

I would say they would be about equal at 1/8 mile

Hiflows are a bit of anyones guess atm...but a small turbo should be easier to get off the line and less damaging to your drivetrain in general...but you will fall shirt on the quarter mile

have a look at hypergear's new TD06 in billet 74mm wheel in the dyno sheet thread. Apparently is a updated T67 makes more power and better response. need to run it on a 6boost / brae manifold with external gate.

T67 or 3076 will get you into 11s fairly easily

Tdo6 or 3071 should get you into 12s fairly easily

I would say they would be about equal at 1/8 mile

Hiflows are a bit of anyones guess atm...but a small turbo should be easier to get off the line and less damaging to your drivetrain in general...but you will fall shirt on the quarter mile

There seems to be strange ideas about 1/8th mile versus 1/4 mile times. The biggest time advantage is made up on the early parts of a run, if you sorted a big list of times from "like" cars I'm betting you'll find that the general trend is the quicker 60fts, and 1/8th mile times will almost always preceed the quickest 1/4mile times. Something that is no quicker to the 1/8th but substantially quicker over the 1/4 is wasting a heap of power.

The T67 and GT3076R seem to be much of a muchness in terms of drag performance.

Yer I agree mate.

Thats why things were going welk in my gtr with -5s. Most people would say they are laggy, but with revs in a drag situation they pull like a freight train.

Hence why im confusex on what way to go. As this car will never see the street! So drivability isnt a worry etc

Gets tricky, depends on weight of cars and how hard they are being pushed etc. There are R33s and Soarers running mid 11s with GT3076Rs, SimonR32 here has run a very low 11 with his lighter R32, and PJ has run mid/low 10s with a GT3037 in a lighter again S13 (SR20).

• Like 1

There seems to be strange ideas about 1/8th mile versus 1/4 mile times. The biggest time advantage is made up on the early parts of a run, if you sorted a big list of times from "like" cars I'm betting you'll find that the general trend is the quicker 60fts, and 1/8th mile times will almost always preceed the quickest 1/4mile times. Something that is no quicker to the 1/8th but substantially quicker over the 1/4 is wasting a heap of power.

The T67 and GT3076R seem to be much of a muchness in terms of drag performance.

if you read my earlier post telling him to go for a smaller turbo, you would see that was the kind of the point I was trying to make :thumbsup:

Even though Tao has all these crazy hiflows making big numbers now, generally a hiflow will make somewhere in the 230-280kws zone...

Which is more than enough for the needs of 1/8 mile and short hillclimb circuits...its more than enough for most racetracks too the only time you would really want more power is for a 1/4 mile or hard sliding...personally i think if hes only "occasionaly" going to make a 1/4 mile he is still better off with the smaller turbo and getting his launches perfected on the 1/8 mile track.....

Gets tricky, depends on weight of cars and how hard they are being pushed etc. There are R33s and Soarers running mid 11s with GT3076Rs, SimonR32 here has run a very low 11 with his lighter R32, and PJ has run mid/low 10s with a GT3037 in a lighter again S13 (SR20).

Id love to hit the 10s on the occasion i do go to the 1/4 mile.

The car will be a fully stripped series 2 r33

ARTZ, makes it hard for me as i know very little and making such a big choice first up is hard!! when even people in the know are having conflicting views lol

Id love to hit the 10s on the occasion i do go to the 1/4 mile.

The car will be a fully stripped series 2 r33

ARTZ, makes it hard for me as i know very little and making such a big choice first up is hard!! when even people in the know are having conflicting views lol

put it this way..I rememeber i had alot easier time getting my car of the line with 240kws than I do with 300kws...I could just stomp on it and go, now I need to use a lot of throttle control to get off clean...

as for conflicting views, most people in the know don't even bother with these shitty threads anymore and will tell you to go do some reading..

T67s are well known for getting into the 10s, theres one for sale in the classifeds with a 6 boost manifold...guy buy it and enjoy...;)

if you read my earlier post telling him to go for a smaller turbo, you would see that was the kind of the point I was trying to make :thumbsup:

Even though Tao has all these crazy hiflows making big numbers now, generally a hiflow will make somewhere in the 230-280kws zone...

Which is more than enough for the needs of 1/8 mile and short hillclimb circuits...its more than enough for most racetracks too the only time you would really want more power is for a 1/4 mile or hard sliding...personally i think if hes only "occasionaly" going to make a 1/4 mile he is still better off with the smaller turbo and getting his launches perfected on the 1/8 mile track.....

I saw the point you were making, I was half disagreeing. A smaller turbo makes it easier to go the times the setup is capable of - a bigger turbo will make more power and if you CAN harness the power the potential is there for even quicker times. That means 1/8th mile AND 1/4mile.... you'll find as you go through the 1/4 mile lists you'll find the turbo size gradually going up, and 1/8th mile times gradually going down :)

exactly, he originally stated he was only doing 1/8 mile runs...which is why I suggested to go a smaller turbo...

then he tells me he wants a 10 second car :blink:

I wish I had never come into this room.....when will I learn.... :domokun:

exactly, he originally stated he was only doing 1/8 mile runs...which is why I suggested to go a smaller turbo...

then he tells me he wants a 10 second car :blink:

10 sec 1/8th mile maybe? :laugh:

10 sec 1/8th mile maybe? :laugh:

rofl:

My point is a less powerful car is going to be cheaper and easier to live with than a more powerful car that will cost more to set up and is more likely to break stuff but wont be any quicker "OVER AN 1/8 MILE"

If he wanted a 10 seconds car he should of f**king said so...

yer that is my fault, the more i have been talking in the SA section the more people believe AIR is opening its gares more often for 1/4mile runs.

But for now 1/8th mile is definate and so is hill climbs mostly.

But people i have been talking to and my tuner keep telling me i should do something with more potential as its cheaper and easier in the long run then changing things as i get bored etc.

Your advice has been great so far and i had no intensions of pissing you off.

Just i really really didnt belive, after using my r33 GTR with -5s and 353kws that a rb25 would be capable of making 10 second passes over the 1/4mile

In a stock weighted GTST R33/4 I don't really believe you can actually do 10s or low 11s with a 3076's, T67 or SLSS2 or what ever in that power range.

ARTz try take your car without stripping it to heathcote and you will be surprised how slow the time would be.

Have a read in my thread, my setup is fairly moderated, I had a better turbo with faster response and more power. and I can probably get a flat 12 / high 11s after many practices.

Having the power in a lighter weighted chassis and 4 wheel drive is an advantage. For a factory weighted R33/34 to run into 10s i believe it needs at least 450rwkws with better diff and possibly re-enforced drift shaft.

Response doesn't help, the car's be on launch control sitting at 6500RPMs when taking off and peddle to metal every gear after. All this things that people do for better road driving ability that no affect in quarter times.