SAU Community

World Time Attack Gtr32 Bc Automotive

stevena

Dahn & Steve, It will be good to catchup with you guys and fly the flag for the GTR supporters at WTAC... I'm out on Friday testing at SMP.

For sure John, wishing you heaps of fun on your test day, I'm sure you are gonna be extremely happy with your new engine response from the 6466, its on another level. Most likely see you on the Thursday test day prior to wtac at smp.

It would be great if they pit us together.

I'm going to be in the same pit as the other two Tunehouse cars. It would be good if we can be next door.

I only received the 6466 today its not on the car yet... Have not put them side by side yet to see the physical size difference. What turbos you guys running?

...I've 160 litres of fuel, one old set of 265s and a new set of 295s, packed the trailer and will be heading out first thing in the morning.

It would be great if they pit us together.

I'm going to be in the same pit as the other two Tunehouse cars. It would be good if we can be next door.

I only received the 6466 today its not on the car yet... Have not put them side by side yet to see the physical size difference. What turbos you guys running?

...I've 160 litres of fuel, one old set of 265s and a new set of 295s, packed the trailer and will be heading out first thing in the morning.

Cheers John, and everybody for the positive feedback through out the thread Credit goes to bc automotive for all the hard work.

We have requested for a garage to be near John brights car, so phil armour can be near by. not sure if they will do this or not, would be nice to have all the gtr's lined up, hopefully we can get all of them together for a group photo? Now that would look tuff, yours, dahns, John bright, Steve ka, mark(dogzilla racing), and I know James's grumblebee isn't a gtr but I reckon it looks sick so hopefully he's in, and the other gtr's also. Maybe after the practice day?

We are running the 6466 precision turbo and it is awesome with the setup we have, I'm sure you will love it. Have an awesome day tomorrow, hopefully you get some sleep, I get to excited before a track day and can never sleep.

i'd be in for that!

do you have to ask to be put near other cars of the same make? i haven't requested anything, i'll probably in back corner somewhere lol

Nah they already allocate garages by the event sec, we just asked if they could as it would make it easier for us but not sure that they can. Photos will look awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Had our first shakedown at winton yesterday. Perfect weather, massive day and extremely beneficial. First session out started with the electric power steering pump not working properly, on very slow turn of the wheel it would work but anything faster than this it didn't work. So if you could imagine on turn in it would operate for a split second then nothing which caused dean to almost sheer off the track most of the day even on the straights so no full power could be applied. No timed laps in anger could be achieved.

Boys tried their best but they couldn't fix it there, needs a new pump, my fault for buying a second hand one from the wreckers. Still we needed to test what we could so dean persisted through out the day to drive so we could gather as much data as possible. We experimented with blocking off the other holes on the front bar and opening others to get the desired temps we wanted. All temps are now where we want them except the front diff which is now hitting 147 degrees within a couple laps, since we blocked off other areas and with the front under tray in place we are now in need of adding an oil cooler. We tried using a naca duct on the undertray directed onto the front diff area but it wasn't enough.

Another big issue was our new spring rate set up, was way to hard for winton and the car bounced all over the shop, guys changed springs to a much softer set up which was a huge difference in a positive step forward, need to go softer again for winton but we really only set this car for the island, so we need to try again at phillip island on the 9th next month. We are now changing the front suspension also, so that ikeya gear I had sitting there will be used with some tie rod ends. We only used the hard compound hankooks and they held up really well, can't compare slicks to semis yet under these conditions.

Overall the car is completely different compared to how it was, the engine is incredible, the additional bars to the strut towers have stiffened up the car. We have a list to work through and be ready for winton again next week.

post-19978-0-81370100-1380318893_thumb.jpg

post-19978-0-02506700-1380318924_thumb.jpg

post-19978-0-63299000-1380318949_thumb.jpg

post-19978-0-52619000-1380318986_thumb.jpg

post-19978-0-07391500-1380319020_thumb.jpg

post-19978-0-96510000-1380319081_thumb.jpg

Hey Stevo, spoke to the guys and they find auto mode about half turn works best, varies for each track. They said you will find the sweet spot playing around with it. Also may. Have to dial it up a bit when hot. Buzz ya later dude for more info. Will also post some vids later