SAU Community

R32 Gtst

Trivial to get it engineered. The Engineer is just going to want you to make sure that the engine is completely stock - turbos, emissions control, ECU and that you fit the brakes that come from the donor car (which really means either GTR brakes or R33 brakes).

I'm sure you can get more serious mods through with an Engineer, but here in SA I got the RB25DET through Regency as a transplant just by making sure the car was 100% roadworthy, no Engineer required.

No, it will not be cheaper than building the RB20. Yes it will be better. But a Neo would probably be a better choice again. Cheaper to buy, same power potential, what's not to like?

Totally depends on the state in which you come from.

Every state has its own laws so as such, you'll need to research and find out what is the best approach for the governing law, as different things are OK in some places where others are not. This dictates how viable each path is.

Depends on where you live. Cut holes for pipes and you'll get raped in some states.

But the original question was about engineering. You can get pretty much anything engineered (within some sensible limits) - it's just a matter of how much money you are able to throw at the engineering and the work required to make the Engineer happy.

Im in n.s.w. i thought about the neo as well,maybe it would be a better option i suppose as it is a newer motor than a r32 rb26.i will do some research and see what im in for.i suppose the hardest thing is the electrics are they not ?