SAU Community

Hsv More Fun....?

yah I agree, although I do concede the Japs were deffinately light years ahead at the start, hence why the GTR was banned from racing in Australia after it demolished everything in its path.

However in saying that, HSV has made huge leaps forward with there development and as u said, there cheaper to buy, run and r fun to drive and highly practical. Look at the nascars and sprint cars over in the US which r V8'S, they make more power than a lot of GTR's

jRvjcsy.jpg

• Like 1

Mmmm I can't remember saying they are slow and unreliable. I do remember saying that they have inherent problem with their70 year old design that keeps getting recycled. Put it in a taxi put a body kit on it and we have a supercar. Instead the Japanese build purpose build race cars from the ground up with the sole purpose to dominate the world and then sold them to the public.

I have no alliance to any brand. When I bought the HSV I thought it was the best. Fact is it's not and far from a gtr. My realisation was when I drove an evo, then an sti, then a 32gtr. The driving experience was well beyond what any falcommodore supercar could offer. And all quite capable daily drivers. As I have said for what they they are good but don't even put them in the same category as the above mentioned cars. They are worlds apart.

As for you disco, I world rather spend $100000 on modifying my 33 than buy a new HSV...if I was to win one I would sell it straight away use the money to establish a HSV anonymous group to counsel HSV owners on why their taxi's are for the tip and enlighten them on cars that give them real driving pleasures and hopefully have gtr owners involved. I would help them to understand that you don't have to do burnouts to have fun, or drag a mazda 6 at the lights to prove your a cool. Or to get a dyno graph and brag to every one that yours is better because it has 1kw more. I will explain that a hsv with 200kw more is still slower than an mx5 on a track. I would tell him that its ok and then let him experience the beauty, the balance, the purity, the legend...that is the gtr.

• Like 1

^that is why I keep dishing it out to you.

What 70 year old design? What utter BS. I think that you also fail to realise that many current HSV owners could afford GT-Rs or Euros, but prefer their HSVs. You're persisting with this idiotic 'argument', that I can only put down to you trolling.

I'm sure the several hundred people who've put down deposits on the new GTS would rather not own a 20 year old grey thrashed out import with a wound back speedo and unknown history from Japan.

Though ironically your posting style matches the same sort of person you try to portray Holden / HSV owners as. You're claiming to not have any allegiance to a particular brand, yet you're coming off as extremely one eyed towards Nissan.

Personal attacks again and now all of a sudden you know the history of my car.... mmm sound like someone that can't deal with the truth, which is based on fact by the way. If people love their HSVs so much they should drive them all day as it was intended... with a taxi light on it's roof

• Like 1

Wow... Everone put your tape measures away, it's not a competition on whos is bigger, no need for justifications or explaination, price point is direct reflection of superiority, there is no other comparison, as has been established time and time again over numerous threads. For those of you who don't own an R35 or HSV, your opinions are redundant

I own both, and the only thing more fun bout a VE HSV is its ability to do big burnouts... If that's your thing, other than that. There is nothing about a HSV more fun over the R35

This thread should be locked

• Like 2

i have 33 and hsv. also owned many other jap imports. on track jap. on the road? my hsv wins with the smiles.

No offence but your imports must of been lemons or something

I know many people who have been V8 crazy until they sit in a boosted import and change there mind about them straight away and never the other way around

• Like 1

Wow... Everone put your tape measures away, it's not a competition on whos is bigger, no need for justifications or explaination, price point is direct reflection of superiority, there is no other comparison, as has been established time and time again over numerous threads. For those of you who don't own an R35 or HSV, your opinions are redundant

I own both, and the only thing more fun bout a VE HSV is its ability to do big burnouts... If that's your thing, other than that. There is nothing about a HSV more fun over the R35

This thread should be locked

Thanks

And furthermore the tone of various poster based on bravado rather than fact is consistent with the bullying and one-up-manship you get on various forums and interest groups associated with HSV s. As displayed here there ignorance lead to personal attacks.

No more to contribute here.

Unsubscribed.

Hsv More Fun....?"

Depends on your definition of fun......

Fast-Car-Fast-Driver.JPG

Each to their own.....

/CloseThread

Gtr r35 would dominate both :)
  • Like 1

xgtrx: as opposed to your stereotyping, generalisations and conjecture? "durr my motor blew up must be a design fault with every LS engine", I asked you to prove it, you cannot. I specifically asked my guy from a well known workshop who said your claims were bogus (and they sell /maintain/modify a LOT of LS engines). I also couldn't find any information about these supposed 'design flaws'.

I also provided a review from a well known magazine that showed a car which has the same drivetrain and body configuration as the upcoming VF GTS vs the R35 which supported the original point of the V8, RWD manual car being the more 'fun' to drive (really that is a subjective measure), also very close in terms of performance.

Your attempts to save face are amusing though.

to buy a late model HSV to do burnouts in like a moron says it all about the driver, not the car. These things have lot of technology and serious suspension / braking, but again for the pricepoint you can't compare track performance to a car that costs as much as some Porsches to own.

On another note, the HSV / LS orientated communities are some of the most open minded that I've come across in a lot of forum lurking and posting

I owned a heavily modified AWD R32 for 4 years, and almost all of my mates own and drive imports, so I've been around them a LOT. Would I get another one? Definitely not unless it had an LS engine in it. Nothing beats instant torque and response, not to mention that glorious sound!

Wardski: I think posting this thread in an R35 subforum is a bit of a laugh in itself :woot:

What amazes me is that we're now on page 8 still discussing how a HSV is better than a GTR.... WTF?? :P

the "how to get cum stains off my seat" thread went for 28 pages b4 they closed it

Gtr r35 would dominate both :)

Yah and @ 3 x the price your simply stating the obvious, awesome debate skills

I know many people who have been V8 crazy until they sit in a boosted import and change there mind about them straight away and never the other way around

and I know many people who have gone vice versa

I world rather spend $100000 on modifying my 33 than buy a new HSV...if I was to win one I would sell it straight away use the money to establish a HSV anonymous group to counsel HSV owners on why their taxi's are for the tip and enlighten them on cars that give them real driving pleasures and hopefully have gtr owners involved.

well again your completely gona be proved wrong, my millionare mate put a LS1 in his R34, and its absolutely mental. So tell me why withal the money he has he still didn't go with the RB26/30 or VR38?

(may need to right click to open)

^Heres the car and here he is discussing why he went with the LS1 and it just reaffirms everything bozodus was trying to say and disproves everything u said. U can't come back after this one, once everyone views this video its game over and thread lockage time. ps b4 u say anything smart, he owns the worlds fastest SR20 so he knows what he's doing

my millionare mate put a LS1 in his R34, and its absolutely mental. So tell me why withal the money he has he still didn't go with the RB26/30 or VR38?

Haha... George a millionaire? maybe from your standards, considering your from Elizabeth, everyone south of you would be one, so tell me what does this guy drive now?? R35 maybe? stop stirring the pot young fella, there really is no argument on comparison, you definitely can't afford either car so your opinions don't carry much weight

• Like 1

3X the price of the new VF I don't think so and fine put it against your beloved corvette zr1 or whatever it would smash it round a track and on the straight I don't think there would be much difference and remember these so called cars 1/3 the price have more power!!! Also look at M3s and stuff they are dearer then the gtr are as well and gtr is best value for money when you put it against super cars that are dearer but are they faster NO so your price there's goes your price tag theory Discopumpkin

Haha... George a millionaire? maybe from your standards, considering your from Elizabeth, everyone south of you would be one, so tell me what does this guy drive now?? R35 maybe? stop stirring the pot young fella, there really is no argument on comparison, you definitely can't afford either car so your opinions don't carry much weight

Your just butthurt knowing u spent 150$k on your R35 GTR + 30 grand interest clown, if u can't handle the truth about Ozzy muscle cars, then return to your country on the rusty boat u came in from!

3X the price of the new VF I don't think so and fine put it against your beloved corvette zr1 or whatever it would smash it round a track and on the straight I don't think there would be much difference and remember these so called cars 1/3 the price have more power!!! Also look at M3s and stuff they are dearer then the gtr are as well and gtr is best value for money when you put it against super cars that are dearer but are they faster NO so your price there's goes your price tag theory Discopumpkin

huh? the price of a new GTR is $180k, so dunno what your on about or where were finding these new members from, housos maybe

Edited by discoPumpkin

Your just butthurt knowing u spent 150$k on your R35 GTR + 30 grand interest clown, if u can't handle the truth about Ozzy muscle cars, then return to your country on the rusty boat u came in from!

huh? the price of a new GTR is $180k, so dunno what your on about or where were finding these new members from, housos maybe

No need to be a racist pig and new members being housos?? yeah sorry mate but I actually have a r35 like many new members here and you clearly do not belong in this forum if your so V8 minded and have so much hate for us and our cars!!!

Close this thread please or someone put a link up for a Commodore forum for him