SAU Community

R34 Niztune

tohmez

Hey guys, I'm spoken to a mechanic about the apexi pfc and niztune and he think niztune is better bang for your buck, these are a piggy back ecu right? And is anyone running one on there skyline or r34?

Hey guys, I'm spoken to a mechanic about the apexi pfc and niztune and he think niztune is better bang for your buck, these are a piggy back ecu right? And is anyone running one on there skyline or r34?

I run a Power FC in my R34 it is a stand alone ECU, The Nistune is a modification made to your stock ECU.

The Nistune retains all of the Factory safety features and is tuneable that is why most Mechanics that know what it is recommend it for basic modded cars.

EFI can supply and tune Nistune for about what a Power FC will cost.

Oh cool, and iv had a look on there website and niztune have 3 options basic just includes the ecu and the 3rd has the harness and cd stuff, can you get away with buying the basic ecu? Or do you need to buy the $600 kit?

Oh cool, and iv had a look on there website and niztune have 3 options basic just includes the ecu and the 3rd has the harness and cd stuff, can you get away with buying the basic ecu? Or do you need to buy the $600 kit?

Talk to Sean @ EFI, they supply and Tune it and really know their stuff. Your going to get out of it cheaper buying a bundle from a reputable shop that also tune it than buying an ECU and finding someone to tune it.

Sean should already have the software and wires and what not so you shouldn't need to grab them. He also does a lot of nistining so he would get a better corporate deal than what you would paying retail. Best advice is to give him a bell and see what he has to offer.

I run a Nistune on my 34. Maintains all the factory awesome (knock, cold start etc) but gives you the flexibility to do what you need. They are only good to a certain power level however, not ideal for big power builds.

Hey mate, i had a nistune ECU on my last GTR (an R32 though), had been tuned by Trent at Chequered tuning, for its basic mods it was fantastic (had -7's, 3 & 1/2 kakimoto de cat exhaust, cam gears, boost controller) was 296awkw and had no issues with knock etc. I never had an issue with it..... untill my car got nicked, but thats a story for another day. im looking at getting a new one on my current GTR if thats anything.