SAU Community

R35Gtr Wheels?

2000 RS

Still can't work out how your rears fit ????? Looks good , shoot us a close up pic of how much the rears stick out , what camber you running

Rears went straight on no spacers at all. they do stick out tho, i had to put 245s on rear. needed to stretch. 275s didnt give me any clearance from hitting guards.

Fronts have 30mm bolt on spacers, was running 245s on front but as soon as i left tyre power every now and then i could hear them scraping. Ended up running 225s on front, they still scrape sometimes.

I am gonna have to get all four guards rolled just for some extra clearance, I hate hearing them scrape my guards.

Can anyone help out with a decent workshop for rolling my guards or a business?

Will post some more pics tommorow before footy or after if i get a chance.

Oh and for camber nothing has been touched, so unsure on answering that question 4bidn1

Still can't work out how your rears fit ????? Looks good , shoot us a close up pic of how much the rears stick out , what camber you running

the only thing that would be helping him in this instance is the lack of rear camber from having the car sitting so high, don't forget he's running 20's and still has guard gap which means he'd have next to no rear camber and would create him a little bit of inner clearance, the wheels would be poking probably 25mm from standard guards though. it all comes down to your definition of fitment, which is subjective.

personally i'd still be concerned about contact between the inner wheel and strut though with any weight/suspension travel over bumps etc. can you grab us a pic of how much room you have (with the car sitting on the ground obviously, not jacked up) to satisfy my curiosity?

his rear would look pretty similar to this (18x9.5+15 with a 235 sitting at standard height)

100_0526.jpg

and, for reference, just to illustrate how the rear camber responds to the height of your car this is the same setup lowered

100_0572.jpg

Sorry but those undersized tyres look ridiculous. Wheels look good - just need to "adjust " the guards to cover the wheels. A set of the front rims would probably be easier to fit.

Ummm as mike and I have said it really depends on what ya call fitment . Not into that much stretch on the tyres and I would be very paranoid about the boys in blue

Beautiful rims. But yeah I hate stretched look at the best of time and this is way over stretched.

They are also illegal as they protrude past the guards.

Too be honest i wasn't going for the stretched look to start with, I really have had no choice but too.

For these rims to fit i have done what needed to be done, my next option is to get all guards rolled for some extra clearance.

Further down the track i might come across a cheap pair of fronts for the rear.

At the end of the day this isn't my daily, and i am happy with how it is for now.

Thanks for your mixed comments and help over the thread people, footys nearly over for me so i might even turn up on a cruise one day so you can all bag me about my stretched tyres haha......

Edited by 2000 RS

Someone has to be the pioneer!

I struggled with a guard roller to get my 9in rims covered and ended up getting better results with a piece of pipe between the tyre and guard (once I worked out what Yokatas quote about "baseball bat is your friend" meant).. In order to accommodate 10in rims I think you would have to follow Psymin's example and get the guards extended at a panel shop.

Too be honest i wasn't going for the stretched look to start with, I really have had no choice but too.

For these rims to fit i have done what needed to be done, my next option is to get all guards rolled for some extra clearance.

+1 not a huge fan of the stretch mate, but at the end of the day, I can see where you're coming from. Someone had to do it first right, and it is your car in the end!

Would look EPIC with fat tyres and flares IMO.

Cheers,

Shaz

• 7 months later...

Just an update on how my rims and flared guards are going, just need to buy some 285s for rear.

Would 265s be ok you think?

Or would i still have a stretched tyre on a 10.5" rim?

post-91919-0-96186300-1396598709_thumb.jpg

post-91919-0-06153500-1396598726_thumb.jpg

post-91919-0-87478000-1396598737_thumb.jpg

post-91919-0-39096800-1396598757_thumb.jpg

post-91919-0-84755900-1396598764_thumb.jpg

post-91919-0-83157900-1396598792_thumb.jpg

post-91919-0-70329200-1396598800_thumb.jpg

265s would not be too stretched but if you are going to the trouble and expense of extending your guards I would be inclined to go to 285 unless you can get a better deal on 275s or 295s.

Seeing pics of the 20" R35GTR wheels on a stag makes me really wish I'd gone 20" with less profile. Instead I bought 19". M35s really do have massive guards to fill.

Seeing pics of the 20" R35GTR wheels on a stag makes me really wish I'd gone 20" with less profile. Instead I bought 19". M35s really do have massive guards to fill.