SAU Community

2013/14 Sau Qld Annual General Meeting (Agm) And Committee Elections

t5iv

Come on guys, only 8? This is your club. This is THE most important event to attend. This is where you get to have your say in what you want in your club.

I'm guessing that if people don't show up, they don't care what happens to the club. You all pay for membership, but for what?? Nominate and vote for the people who you think are best suited to run your club.

Seriously? 8 people? More than 8 people have complained about one thing or another in the last month.

If you think that you can run the club better; if you believe that we are doing a hopeless job; if you want the forums moved back, jump up, raise your hand and get yourself nominated for a role.

A lot of people have been making a lot of noise about running things better, if you want to run it your way, run for a role.

Come on people. Tony went to a LOT of trouble to make sure we had somewhere centrel for everyone.

I agree with Tony & Scott. It's been a very long 6 months and it can be quite disheartening to say in the least, when we put so much effort into the club, using precious time that we could be spending with loved ones (or sleeping) to make sure everything runs smoothly only to be greeted by complaints.

I understand that it's not everyone complaining but it really does make us all feel unappreciated. If everyone could please make an effort to get along that'd be greatly appreciated, of course we understand if you have work or family commitments to attend to.

If anyone thinks they could do a better job, or thinks someone else could do a better job. NOMINATE!

Sad to see things in this state, The effort I have seen since I have been back has been really impressive.

This club has some really good members and has more events than any other Import club I have seen in QLD, The biggest issue I see is that when people have a problem rather than raising the issue with the club it becomes toxic by festering in whispers behind the scenes.

I would strongly encourage Members and Exec's to use this meeting to develop a "12 month Plan" this should involve event's both of a car / track nature and social nature (grow what we already do).

It should also involve developing relationships with the PoPo and QLD DoT to help us avoid getting ass raped by them when we attend meets organised outside of the club and to learn legal ways to enhance our vehicles.

Driving courses: Hazards and Defensive driving should be something we and our affiliated clubs should be encouraging for our less experienced and newer members as this will give us leverage with places like QR as we will have a proven record of encouraging safety with in our club and it's affiliates.

We should be looking to combine our purchasing power with other clubs so we can attract larger club sponsors and increase our locations we have discounts at.

This club has an array of people that have skills outside of what our club is about that could be leveraged to expand the club or at the very least enhance it.

Feel free to flame me into next century, I am merely trying to provide some positive talking points for members to work with as a template as opposed to negativity.

I thing the Exec's we have now are able to deliver the goods and that with support from the member base things can only improve, No one ever want's to do a thankless job so lets make sure that they know that we appreciate them even if it's just a handshake and a thanks for the hard work.

Sad to see things in this state, The effort I have seen since I have been back has been really impressive.

This club has some really good members and has more events than any other Import club I have seen in QLD, The biggest issue I see is that when people have a problem rather than raising the issue with the club it becomes toxic by festering in whispers behind the scenes.

I would strongly encourage Members and Exec's to use this meeting to develop a "12 month Plan" this should involve event's both of a car / track nature and social nature (grow what we already do).

It should also involve developing relationships with the PoPo and QLD DoT to help us avoid getting ass raped by them when we attend meets organised outside of the club and to learn legal ways to enhance our vehicles.

Driving courses: Hazards and Defensive driving should be something we and our affiliated clubs should be encouraging for our less experienced and newer members as this will give us leverage with places like QR as we will have a proven record of encouraging safety with in our club and it's affiliates.

We should be looking to combine our purchasing power with other clubs so we can attract larger club sponsors and increase our locations we have discounts at.

This club has an array of people that have skills outside of what our club is about that could be leveraged to expand the club or at the very least enhance it.

Feel free to flame me into next century, I am merely trying to provide some positive talking points for members to work with as a template as opposed to negativity.

I thing the Exec's we have now are able to deliver the goods and that with support from the member base things can only improve, No one ever want's to do a thankless job so lets make sure that they know that we appreciate them even if it's just a handshake and a thanks for the hard work.

I totally agree. The elected committee usually sit down afterwards and do some planning post AGM.

We always try to do a mixture of social and car related events to try and keep everyone interested.

As for your suggestions of PR with the police ect, that's a great idea. There was some banter after our Toowoomba cruise about organising some driver education and first aid training for those interested but as this was a much shorter term (Feb-Aug) our hands were tied a bit as an exec committee about what we could put in place and such weren't really in the position to undertake anything that required a long term commitment of greater than a few months.

As for sponsors and supporters we are ALWAYS keen to get more on board and we were looking at getting more non-car related sponsors as we recognise that each of our members have their own special talents. In 5 months we have pretty much gone from having no supporters to having organisations such as Repco, Fulcrum Suspension, Option 1 garage, CDR paint & Panel and Vroom Bar & Bistro who kindly offer up their cafe to us every month for our monthly meets.

If any of our members have suggestions I would like to think that instead of playing Chinese Whispers that they'd drop one of the execs a line and say "Hey. A friend of mine died of cancer, can we do something for Daffodil Day" or "I have a heavy right foot, can we do more track events". If its not something we can do straight away we have a "parking lot" of ideas for the club.

I shall be drafting the agenda for the evening tonight. If you have any critical points to raise, I can write them in for you. Minor things like calling me a tool can be reserved for general comments. :P

Sounds like a normal night for you.

I am drinking scotch at work whilst trying to work, listen to Michael Jackson and get club stuff done.

Although it seems to be happening in the reverse order... :/

I will be attending to my first ever SAU QLD AGM.

Will be raising similar key points that my friend Clint has mentioned above.

Tony, I will PM you my points of discussion before the end of the week.

For everyone who is a Qld member or even non-members you really should make a conservative effort to attend to this AGM. It only comes once a year (hence the reason behind the A in AGM) and you get to have your say.

Lets bring this club together for the benefit of everyone and ensure its future remains bright and prosperous.

Thanks Clint and Ants. It appears that a number of the points that Clint has raised are already in the draft agenda (didn't even realise it).

Feel free to pm me your suggestions and we shall incorporate them as much as possible. Time constraints seem to be our biggest issue at the moment.