SAU Community

help desperately needed

hotsky

ok... now i got my line delivered to me finally on friday morning, i cant do ANYTHING in it AT ALL because the battery is TOTALLY dead!!! they obviously didnt disconnect it when they shipped it!

now, what we did is jump it and ran the car just idoling for about 1 hr or so, then went for like a 10 min around the block cruise.....came back home and turn off, try to turn back on, and NOTHING..not even asseccorie lights...like it was b4 we jumped it....now my questions!!!

1: is the battery just cactus and i need to get another one??

2: can i charge the battery inside overnight, on a slow charger, like a normal car batery?

3: if i was to charge overnight, i was told that to charge a battery you have to unscrew the little plug things on top so you can airate the water section etc...... BUT this battery doesnt have 'plugs' doesnt seem to have water at all, does this mean its a 'drycell' and if so can this be charged.

appreciate everyones help, as i really want to get this beast going asap :)

its 1994 R33 2.0 litre gts auto

brad

i though of poss the altinator, but was told that even if the altinator was on its way, that you would still get the grrr grrr noise when you try start it or something, but was NO life at all, what i am really wondering is though especially anyone who has an R33, can i just bring the battery inside the house, and put it on a batt charger, without it exploding???? AND another thing!!

what the hell is the clear tube thing that comes out of the side/top of the batt, and then down into the floor of the boot section?? is it a air tube or water tube or something?

fuse?

my old car blew a fuse and did the same thing... couldnt start it at all... no lights... jumped it and did the same as u... with the same result... check them first before buying a battery.

thanks for that Grim :) i thought i should have just posted it here!!

thanks for your replies guys, as you could imagine how frustrating it is to finally get it then cant even press buttons to see what they do hehehe

i would think that the batt is fully discharged like NRB said, and i wouldnt like to take the chance of trying to recharge the thing inside the house, then having it explode or something because it doesnt have water or some crap like that

ok this being the case(yep i am anewbie to the line scene) where can i get aother batt for the R33 and how much? does it have to be somewhere special or just normal battery ppl?

seriously appreciate this guys, cause soon i will be able to cruise with yas

brad

it's a dead battery dude. and if your getting a new one , spend the money and get a oddyssey since they are gel type of battery and 100% maintainace free and doesn't spill acid inside the car when your pulling those huge Gs cornering.

cool bannanas...i have resided to the fact its a total bat flattery!! :) now (sorry bout the q's)

but where do you know of i can get one, anywhere special or just normal places? i in vic

i have a dodgy pic i just took for the sake of it tonight of the car if your interested :)

better ones will follow

Originally posted by akeenan

If you can find a sealed battery for 80-$100 i will be very suprised i got mine at trade price and that was $120.... the plastic tube attached to the top of the battery is an is tube!!

i have the receits at home. I'm in WA so we may get em cheaper

sounds like your battery is fully discharged.

jump start it, go for a LONG drive... i.e. 1 hour cruise sumwhere and see how you go.

and then if it dun start after that, its time for a new battery.

my battery got flat pretty soon as well. Just plugged it into a battery charger that was plugged into the powerpoint. Worked fine after that. I was getting power to the car tho, and it was cranking.. just..

I have a drycell battery, but the terminals are too big for the little clamps on the r33. Anyone know the easiest way to get them to fit.. do i have to buy new clamps? If i do, how do i connect them to the wire...

Too easy, just done it on my 32......

I bought some gold terminals from dick smith, cant remember the price... but simply cut the old terminals off (and not to mention my std battery was COMPLETELY dead too, wouldnt hold a charge at all) stripped the wire back a bit, and undid the little allen key things, put it in. Too easy. They have smaller allen key parts for the other smaller wires that go to the ignition and what ever else you want to wire to them.......I'll post a pic, have a look.....

Steve

Guest GR33DyMANGO

as hungry6 said:

"if your getting a new one , spend the money and get a oddyssey since they are gel type of battery and 100% maintainace free and doesn't spill acid inside the car when your pulling those huge Gs cornering."

how much do theses batteries cost?

ta:)