SAU Community

White Gts-T's, White Gts-T

So I somehow managed to drag myself back to the workshop today. The rear subframe is now in and torqued up.

20141229_125430_zps5ox4xqiu.jpg

It makes the rest of the car look filthy.

20141229_174936_zpsxngfg6y5.jpg

The new handbrake shoes in place and adjusted up.

20141229_143527_zpssqsnqreo.jpg

With the brakes back in, I fitted the new N1 master cylinder and bleed the whole system with some fresh Motul brake fluid.

20141229_173842_zpstu2dx3px.jpg

Prior to fitting it though, I took the opportunity to replace the fuel filter with a new genuine item.

20141229_173855_zpsp5axgqcn.jpg

I'm yet to drive it, but the brake pedal feels like standard again. Hopefully there'll be more updates tomorrow.

• Like 3

Also, It's interesting to note that the angle of the subframe has definitely changed. The geometry changes built into the subframe bushes is quite noticeable. This may be exacerbated by the fact that my standard bushes had sagged however. But it is one of the main reasons for choosing the Nismo bushes. Time will tell.

• Like 1

A minor update. I installed the front subframe collars.

20141230_101659_zpsumn2c7jk.jpg

20141230_101715_zpsc8uiy7ep.jpg

I then decided to revisit the harness mounting. Previously, I had restricted the full distance the seat could travel, which is now rectified. However, upon finally getting to adjust the passenger side belt length, I realised that I had been sent two right hand side specific harnesses. It's my fault, I should have realised sooner, so if anyone wants a brand new harness, let me know.

To cheer myself up, it was time for a drive. I couldn't find the trade plate anywhere, so I put the plates back on and decided to chance it. I'm happy to report that the car feels fantastic. It's quite firm, but not harsh. There's still some compliance there, and unlike solid bushes, there's hardly any NVH.

I was then on a bit of a high, so I bit the bullet and pulled the damaged front guard etc off. It has been a long eight months and my fears were finally realised when I saw the damage.

I've got someone coming to look at it tomorrow, so I'll have a better idea of what's involved then. But I'm kind of in two minds about it, as to whether to get it all fixed properly, or just slap it back together and drive the f**king thing.

But I did get these braces installed, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

20141231_153239_zps3d557izk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers. I was running R33 LCA's and fixed Cusco Upper arms, that are 10mm shorter for -3 degrees camber (This worked really well). But I have since installed the Ikeya Formula LCA's and extended them further, for extra clearance for the wider wheels. However, the new setup has yet to be tested in terms of sliding the car, so I'm a bit apprehensive as to whether it's all going to work together the way I'm hoping it will, or moreover, like it used to.

2013-09-05124601_zps563c8af0.jpg

Great to see an R32 GTSt on the receiving end of so much love and good parts!

Are the Ikeya front arms the std R32 length / how do they compare to the R33 arms you used to run?

Also, can you just confirm your tyre, wheel size and offset on the front?

I am running 17 x 9 +28 rims with 255/40/17 A050s and with std, albeit lipped guards I want to do everything to ensure that it all still fits. Also, I have 18 x 9 +22s which one day I would like to run 255 semis on but the larger rollign diam of the 18s hurts for clearance.

Cheers for any help...tossing up between complete Ikeya arms or persevering with just RCA ball joints

• Like 1

Wow, praise from Ceaser.

I'm currently running 17 × 9.5 +12 with 214/45/17 Federal's. But (see below) this will change soon.

The Ikeya arms have so much adjustment it's ridiculous. They can be adjusted shorter (yes shorter) than the standard arms or well beyond the length of R33 items.

I actually have another brand new set, still in an unopened box to fit, so if you want the ones currently fitted, let me know.

In regards to the current state of the car, I may have jumped the gun a bit. With the help of a couple of experienced panel beater mates, we measured the chassis dimensions using this as a guide.

R32dim.jpg

As it turns out, it's only a couple of mm out diagonally across the bay, which is within spec. It was just the left front lower rad support that needed some love.

After pulling the rad support straight(ish) we trial fitted the GT-R guards. And as you can see eveything lines up pretty well considering.

I'm just not sure about the GT-R guards? They're pretty big.

gm7uTXC.png

Although I'm yet to touch the wheel alignment, and I could easily go up a tyre size or two. Thoughts?

20150101_163002_zpshscyooia.jpg

20150101_163024_zpsmd91mkqp.jpg

20150101_163251_zpsoxgsrlbn.jpg

20150101_165639_zpsnlwilpvp.jpg

I actually have another brand new set, still in an unopened box to fit, so if you want the ones currently fitted, let me know.

LOL, this could be one of those right place, tight time situtation. When are the coming off and$$$$? Seems they are like new?!?

As for front guards? I was going to but was talked out of it by a friend and the panel beater. Ended up spending money on pumping the guards which was a false economy as cost a healthy wack of cash and still only gives me enough clearance for 265/35/18 on 9" rims with a 25-28 offset. But ride height cant be too low. Partly why I stick with my 255/17s. :(

So, I would do it. I have seen a few cars and I dont think it really looks out of place provided you are running the suitable wheel size. A white car would hide them better too IMO

• 3 months later...

Hi Justin, thanks for asking, but unfortunately there hasn't been. The car has sat idle for the last four months, and I've had no drive to work on it. :/

Before I parked it up, I did manage to get a few things done however.

I fitted a new 24mm X-heavy duty rear swaybar. Previously I had a 22mm bar.

2015-01-13%2016.43.40_zpsko5al14i.jpg

2015-02-14%2012.11.42_zpscqr9fdy4.jpg

Since I had to remove the exhaust to fit the new sway bar, I fitted some new exhaust hangers.

2015-01-08%2013.10.28_zpscelkuphx.jpg

2015-02-14%2012.10.39_zpsuqwzp0rr.jpg

The rear end is now complete, as far as i'm concerned.

I also decided to change up the catch can/breather setup. I'm now going to run a primary and then a secondary can, while ultimately plumbing them into the sump. In preparation for this I had the primary catch can modified.

2015-01-13%2009.14.23_zpsemgibc3y.jpg

And ordered the associated plumbing required.

20150102_134545_zpsfhkyyvuf.jpg

I replaced the Ikeya Formula LCA kit, and while extending the LCA to fill out the GT-R guards, noticed this.

2015-01-18%2011.51.05_zpstdzibw8g.jpg

It's a bit tricky to pick up in the photo, but the original offset rack spacer, (right) was bent. I've since changed to the GKtech design (left)

2015-01-18%2011.52.17_zps8emeewrm.jpg

The reason there hasn't been any progress since, is that I just can't decide what I want to do with the car. Whether to respray it and get it looking nice etc or just thrash it as is. Having said that, I did just recently order some ridiculous parts on a whim, which I think will force my hand. Hopefully, more updates to come soon.

After re-reading this thread the other day...... I went and bought another r32 roller to build as a grip car :-)

... I just can't help myself.

... Probably won't be the kind of budget for this build for Ikeya F LCA's etc

... Keep us posted Tim :-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nothing much to report.

I did however get around to replacing all the low pressure P/S hoses, including the feed hose from the reservoir to the pump. The 'Nissan' tax on this was a bit steep.

20150518_104701_zps5c02be9a.jpg

Having free access to all sorts oils etc is always nice.

20150625_145452_zpsd93dc139.jpg

I think if/when the motor comes out I'll replace the lines with braided hose and AN fittings.

Speaking of which, I started plumbing up the catch cans. I moved the PCV valve to the back of the plenum to try and make the install a bit neater.

20150625_145751_zps08a6fb95.jpg

20150625_145842_zps5355964e.jpg

I just need to tidy it up with a few more billet clamps. But I'm waiting for the fabricator at work to get back from holidays so he can moddify my intake pipe and weld in an AN bung to plumb the secondary catch can in.

Once that's done, I'll move on to mounting the new intercooler and reworking the cooler piping. In preparation of this, I bought some new silicon joiners.

20150625_134922_zps6982c913.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...